Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long do i have to wait for the work permit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long do i have to wait for the work permit?

hello everybody.
    can anyone please tell me, how long, how many months, do i have to wait for the work authorization?
    i got married here and applied for adjustment of my status and other stuff.went for the biometrics the 11th of august this year.
    i know, on uscis.gov site it says it takes 90 days to get that work authorization.but 2 friends of mine are telling me i should get it within 1 month.{have to say my friends have been married here for more then 5 years now, so maybe ages ago it really took only 1 month, do not know}
    what is your own experience.how long did you have to wait?
    thank you very much for any help.
    Last edited by daisy; 08-25-2006, 12:48 AM.

Originally posted by daisy
    hello everybody.
    can anyone please tell me, how long, how many months, do i have to wait for the work authorization?
    i got married here and applied for adjustment of my status and other stuff.went for the biometrics the 11th of august this year.
    i know, on uscis.gov site it says it takes 90 days to get that work authorization.but 2 friends of mine are telling me i should get it within 1 month.{have to say my friends have been married here for more then 5 years now, so maybe ages ago it really took only 1 month, do not know}

The time tends to vary . Its a maximum of 90 days, most people get it within 2 months, a few less and soemtimes too a few people do not get it within the 90 days. But ho wlong you have ben married has absolutely no bearing on it

Comment

Hey Yah guys anybody who want to yhelp me about this experienced i am having now, here it is.

I filed I-485 and I-765 same day, i am actually done with my biometrics to both and before that biometrics i receive a mail from USCIS requesting for initial evidence, they want me to send them the form I864 which is the affidavit of support, which is we already sent it before i come in the USA since i have fiancee visa. here one of the message from USCIS that bothers me
      YOU ARE INELLIGIBLE FOR INTERIM EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION PURSUANT TO TITLE 8, CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, SECTION 103.2(B)(10)(ii) UNTIL 90 DAYS AFTER THE MISSING INITIAL EVIDENCE IS RECEIVED.

And now I am checking it online about the status of both application, i can check my I-485 status, how come i cant check the status of my I-765, it says ERROR, PLEASE CHECK YOUR CASE NUMBER.Which is correct, guys help me about this, anyone who can help me and give me some advice.

Comment

hhhmmmmmmmmm

we send again the evidence they want , but the only things that bothers me by now is that , why i cant check the status of my EAD online, unlike my AOS i can check on it, and i have the job offer already waiting for me, is there a possibility that my EAD is not being process by now or what, i feel so sad about it , anyways thanks for our reply

Comment

Originally posted by daisy
          hello everybody.
          It generally takes 3 month time and will be good for one year.

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
            hello everybody.
            Time could vary from case to case.
            In my case, we are from CA and we submitted all the supporting docs along with all the forms to the Chicago office back in late December 2015. We did not hire a lawyer, we did all ourselves. February 4, 2016 I had my fingerprints done. Yesterday, March 23rd, 2016 I got my working permit card inside my wallet! Two days before this card I got a letter saying that the card was mailed out separately. In conclusion, from end of December to the third week of March, this makes a little less than 3 months.

Happy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X