No announcement yet.

Travelling to US after I-130 approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to US after I-130 approved.

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a precarious situation and need a bit of advice.

My wife is a united states citizen, married here in Australia. We plan on immigrating to the US and have started the procedure, the I-130 has been approved and we are yet to start the IV (however, some of the IV fees have been paid). We plan on having a bit of a trip to the US, in which my wife will stay in the US and I will return back before the 90 days are up.

I plan on having as much proof that I intend to return to Australia as possible, such as a letter from my employer, return flights, proof of open bank accounts, and phone bills. As I live with my parents, I don't have any rental agreements or mortgage payments to use as proof.

My wife seems to think that we will be absolutely fine, but I am scared beyond belief that I will be refused entry and we will be split up (and given her anxiety problems, I fear that she may even be in such a panic that would leave her stranded at LAX).

Am I too paranoid? Or will things be OK?

Travelling to US after I-130 approved.

Hello EnVee,

Have you obtained answers here?

I am married to a US citizen. I am planning to visit my husband using my non immigrant visa in February and like you I am so worried i'll be denied in port of entry. We are not starting the petition yet, planning to do so after i am there and we'll return together in the Philippines to wait for the US embassy interview. What could be my chances of getting allowed to enter the US and what can be the requirements i have to show?

Thank you!

Originally posted by EnVee View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a precarious situation and need a bit of advice.

My wife is a united states citizen, married here in Australia. We plan on immigrating to the US and have started the procedure, the I-130 has been approved and we are yet to start the IV (however, some of the IV fees have been paid). We plan on having a bit of a trip to the US, in which my wife will stay in the US and I will return back before the 90 days are up.

I plan on having as much proof that I intend to return to Australia as possible, such as a letter from my employer, return flights, proof of open bank accounts, and phone bills. As I live with my parents, I don't have any rental agreements or mortgage payments to use as proof.

My wife seems to think that we will be absolutely fine, but I am scared beyond belief that I will be refused entry and we will be split up (and given her anxiety problems, I fear that she may even be in such a panic that would leave her stranded at LAX).

Am I too paranoid? Or will things be OK?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X