Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaint regarding H1visa processing consultant company

Hi,

Last year, I have paid X amount to Hyd based consultant firm for filing my H1 visa. The company promised me that if my application is not picked up in lottery they will return my Y amount deducting some processing fees.

Accordingly, I paid that company and unfortunately my application is not picked in the lottery. Now, the consultant company is not returning my money, they are giving n number of reasons. They are supposed to give money in month of Aug, now its Dec. I have all mail communications as evidence.

I have written many mails and called them, but till now I didn't receive my Y amount. Neither they have given case no for me. There are 2-3 people whom they have done same thing.

Please let me know what should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    sanman

Originally posted by sasman View Post
    Hi,

Last year, I have paid X amount to Hyd based consultant firm for filing my H1 visa. The company promised me that if my application is not picked up in lottery they will return my Y amount deducting some processing fees.

Accordingly, I paid that company and unfortunately my application is not picked in the lottery. Now, the consultant company is not returning my money, they are giving n number of reasons. They are supposed to give money in month of Aug, now its Dec. I have all mail communications as evidence.

I have written many mails and called them, but till now I didn't receive my Y amount. Neither they have given case no for me. There are 2-3 people whom they have done same thing.

Please let me know what should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    sanman
    It is illegal to pay for ones H1, so you are equally guilty if not more. You can complain to DOL along with the details and hope that they would take action against the employer. Also check with local lawyer if they can build a case of cheating against them, but doubt will have much success.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X