No announcement yet.

OCI Card Online Application - Signature Image Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ad saved the pic and it came down to 15 kb but now the file is saved as doc file which cannot be uploaded on the oci site. What is to be done please

Comment

OCI Card Online Application - Signature Image Problem

Guys,

Try the IrfanView tool. It is working for me . Thanks for whoever posted it here.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
        Whose signature?. Father or mother or both? Or kids signature?. My kids are 5 & 9. Their thumb impression?
        for age of 5 or up, signature underneath the photo is require from minor applicant, other than that are from both parents.

Comment

Originally posted by amit76 View Post
          Believe the online OCI application requires both photo and signature image to be uploaded. I am having problems loading my signature image. Keep getting same error message that the image is not compatible with aspect ratio. Believe the aspect ratio of the image has to be 1:3. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? can someone send an example of 1:3 image?

Thanks!!

Comment

Signature is to Small PLEASE HELP

CAN SOMEONE PEASEE HELP ME!!!

I uploaded the signature and when I printed the application, the signature is to small?? If it was to small..then why did they let me upload it in the first place?? Is it suppose to be small? or am I suppose to sign over it?? if it ha to be big, what the exact dimensions and size??

Comment

Steps to create Applicant's image and signature/thumb impression image for OCI

Steps to create Applicant's image and Applicant's signature/thumb impression image for Miscellaneous OCI Services:

1.) Take pictures of signature/passport photo on phone. Alternative way is to scan the signature/pp photo.
              2.) Download "paint.net".
              3.) Open picture in "paint.net".

4.) Steps to remove existing background color and to set white background color.
              4.1) On "Tools" click on "Magi c Wand" icon (4th icon from top-left in Tools).
              4.2) Click outside picture on background. On menu bar adjust "Tolerance" percentage (%) appropriately to eliminate only background color.
              4.3) Press "Delete" button. This deletes the background color. Save the picture.

5.) Steps to create Signature/thumb impression Photo as per the specifications.
              5.1) On "Tools" click on "Rectangle Select" icon (1st icon from top-left in Tools).
              5.2) On menu bar change "Normal" to "Fixed Size".
              5.3) Set "Width:" as 900 and "Height" as 300 and select "pixels".
              5.4) Click on the signature/thumb impression (foreground). Adjust the rectangle box to align signature/thumb impression correctly.
              5.5) Save the picture in jpeg format. Now the new picture is 1:3 ratio and 900x300 pixels within 200kb size.

6.) Steps to create Applicant's image Photo as per the specifications.
              6.1) On "Tools" click on "Rectangle Select" icon (1st icon from top-left in Tools).
              6.2) On menu bar change "Normal" to "Fixed Size".
              6.3) Set "Width:" as 900 and "Height" as 900 and select "pixels".
              6.4) Click on the image (foreground). Adjust the square box to align image correctly.
              6.5) Save the picture in jpeg format. Now the new picture is 1:1 ratio and 900x900 pixels within 200kb size.

7.) In step 5.3 or 6.3; if image won't fit in rectangle/square box then adjust the with and height appropriately and save picture. Follow below steps to resize the picture.
              7.1) Open picture. On menu bar select "Image" and then click on "Resize...'.
              7.2) In "Pixel size" set width and height as per steps 5.3 or 6.3 and save the file.

Note: In case of minor, thumb impression (Left Hand Thumb Impression for male & Right Hand Thumb Impression for female child).
              Last edited by Shree M; 04-20-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Photo and Signature Upload for OCI

Below process didn't work for me. Is anyone still trying this process if yes can someone throw me insight on how you crossed this obstacle.

Originally posted by Shree M View Post
                Steps to create Applicant's image and Applicant's signature/thumb impression image for Miscellaneous OCI Services:

1.) Take pictures of signature/passport photo on phone. Alternative way is to scan the signature/pp photo.

4.) Steps to remove existing background color and to set white background color.
                4.2) Click outside picture on background. On menu bar adjust "Tolerance" percentage (%) appropriately to eliminate only background color.
                4.3) Press "Delete" button. This deletes the background color. Save the picture.

5.1) On "Tools" click on "Rectangle Select" icon (1st icon from top-left in Tools).
                5.4) Click on the signature/thumb impression (foreground). Adjust the rectangle box to align signature/thumb impression correctly.
                5.5) Save the picture in jpeg format. Now the new picture is 1:3 ratio and 900x300 pixels within 200kb size.

6.1) On "Tools" click on "Rectangle Select" icon (1st icon from top-left in Tools).
                6.4) Click on the image (foreground). Adjust the square box to align image correctly.
                6.5) Save the picture in jpeg format. Now the new picture is 1:1 ratio and 900x900 pixels within 200kb size.

7.) In step 5.3 or 6.3; if image won't fit in rectangle/square box then adjust the with and height appropriately and save picture. Follow below steps to resize the picture.
                7.2) In "Pixel size" set width and height as per steps 5.3 or 6.3 and save the file.

Note: In case of minor, thumb impression (Left Hand Thumb Impression for male & Right Hand Thumb Impression for female child).

Comment

Originally posted by Shree M View Post

Why so much headache to follow?. Why cant we send documents and let them scan however they want?. Dont they have scanners in consulate?

Comment

oci application

Originally posted by amit76 View Post
                    Believe the online OCI application requires both photo and signature image to be uploaded. I am having problems loading my signature image. Keep getting same error message that the image is not compatible with aspect ratio. Believe the aspect ratio of the image has to be 1:3. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? can someone send an example of 1:3 image?

Thanks!!
                    hey guys..
                    does anyone know any agency helping in the application for OCI for a fee..earloer there was visahelpdesk.net..looks like they are down now..pls help

Comment

Only thing I had to do, apart from making sure that the file if within the right size is to set the DPI of the picture to 96.
                      This can be done with free image editing software Irfanview - Open picture in Irfanview -> Image -> Information -> Change Resolution to 96 x 96 DPI. (My signature/photo DPI was 300)

Than after uploading, picture & signature, on the OCI site. I also used the crop button on the site to crop the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIRA View Post
                        OCi photo uploading issue

I have found a way to resolve this problem,

1. Open the image in Paint,
                        2. in case if there is more than one item on the screen select the area of your interest by pressing select button and dragging around,
                        3. then press crop,
                        4. then press resize button,
                        5. in the resize and skew window click on pixels,
                        6. and in the resize and skew window deselect the Maintain aspect ratio,
                        7. then type 360 in the box next to horizontal and 120 in the vertical box,
                        8. now save the image as JPEG image and make sure that it's 30 KB or less,
                        9. the image is now ready for you to upload to the website.
                        Good luck with your application.
                        Thank you so much for this. Worked like a charm after I had spent an hour playing with it in MS Paint in vain and was at the end of my tether. Successfully submitted the application for my 13 yr old to update his new passport particulars on his existing OCI card . Now fingers crossed that we will receive confirmation without further issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Anamikapawar View Post

Thank you so much for this. Worked like a charm after I had spent an hour playing with it in MS Paint in vain and was at the end of my tether. Successfully submitted the application for my 13 yr old to update his new passport particulars on his existing OCI card . Now fingers crossed that we will receive confirmation without further issues.
                          Hi Anamika!

Did you receive your OCI without any issue? Did you submit thumb print or signature for your 13 year old?

Thanks!!

Comment

I had the same error and finally the tip about 96dpi helped!
                            I used 360x360 pixels for the photo and 120x360 for the signature.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X