OCI Card Online Application - Signature Image Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Card Online Application - Signature Image Problem

Believe the online OCI application requires both photo and signature image to be uploaded. I am having problems loading my signature image. Keep getting same error message that the image is not compatible with aspect ratio. Believe the aspect ratio of the image has to be 1:3. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? can someone send an example of 1:3 image?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by amit76 View Post
    Believe the online OCI application requires both photo and signature image to be uploaded. I am having problems loading my signature image. Keep getting same error message that the image is not compatible with aspect ratio. Believe the aspect ratio of the image has to be 1:3. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? can someone send an example of 1:3 image?

Thanks!!
    Hey,

I am also facing same issue, not sure what to do, unable to upload it on the OCI site, getting same error message as yours.
    Last edited by samlynn; 12-05-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I remember the issue I had when uploading the image was the size. they give you the size requirements for the image (I believe it is somewhere around 30kb). The site wont take the image if it is not met. This was about 4 months ago

Originally posted by Geeme Charlie View Post
      Hey,

I am also facing same issue, not sure what to do, unable to upload it on the OCI site, getting same error message as yours.
      Last edited by samlynn; 12-05-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

OCI photo upload issue

Hi,
        I am facing OCi photo uploading issue. Image size is 360x360 and less than 30kb. still not able to upload photo. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
        Thanks

Comment

If this helps you anyway. The image I was able to upload about 4 months ago was 134 x 134 pixels (29.6 kb). Also, that time it was optional to upload them.

Originally posted by ti23 View Post
          Hi,
          I am facing OCi photo uploading issue. Image size is 360x360 and less than 30kb. still not able to upload photo. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
          Thanks

Comment

The Signature Image is a different Issue

Originally posted by navidad View Post
            If this helps you anyway. The image I was able to upload about 4 months ago was 134 x 134 pixels (29.6 kb). Also, that time it was optional to upload them.
            I can upload the Picture, same pixels and less than 30kb. But the signature image is the one that is troubling. If you google aspect ratio its always the first number bigger than the second. 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and so on. I tried that in Microsoft Picture Manager and did not work.

Someone Please help. Also I am applying this for a minor, how can a minor sign? Do I need to provide My Signature?

Comment

Hello Members,

I managed to do it.

origional OCi Requirement for Photo and Signature is :
              Photo -1. Minimum Dimensions are 360 pixels(W) X 360 Pixels(H)
              Signature - 2. Minimum Dimensions are 360 pixels(W) X 120 Pixels(H)
              & size should be <= 30KB.

1. open the scanned picture in MS Paint - Change the pixel size to 360 X 360 (click on resize option within MS Paint, clcik on pixel radio button).
              2. Then save the image, if it is above 30KB then open MS word, insert picture-> then click on compress -> it will reduce the picture size by maintaining the pixel ratio, For me the size was reduced to 22 kB.
              3. Similar for signature as well.

Comment

Originally posted by amit76 View Post

Thanks!!
                I solved with Irfanview. Install irfanview and plugins. After you open the image you can scroll mouse on the image to create a rectangular selection, and keep checking the width and length shown on the top bar and make sure they are in the 1:3 ratio. (like 1000x 3000). Then select image-resize and resize to 100x300. Now from file-save as , there is an option to select file size desired. Select 29kb. (30 kb also works) Save as new file.

Comment

Problem with OCI photo and signature upload

Hi Gemme Charlie,

How were you able to save the image in word document, the website only allows jpeg or jpg files.
                  Can somebody help me how to upload correct photo and signature images with mentioned aspect ratio. I am trying this from one week.

Hello Members,

I managed to do it.

1. open the scanned picture in MS Paint - Change the pixel size to 360 X 360 (click on resize option within MS Paint, clcik on pixel radio button).
                  2. Then save the image, if it is above 30KB then open MS word, insert picture-> then click on compress -> it will reduce the picture size by maintaining the pixel ratio, For me the size was reduced to 22 kB.

Comment

MS Paint not Word.

QUOTE=Shristhi;440442]Hi Gemme Charlie,

How were you able to save the image in word document, the website only allows jpeg or jpg files.
                    Can somebody help me how to upload correct photo and signature images with mentioned aspect ratio. I am trying this from one week.[/QUOTE]

Comment

OCi photo uploading issue

Originally posted by ti23 View Post
                      Hi,
                      Thanks

I have found a way to resolve this problem,

1. Open the image in Paint,
                      2. in case if there is more than one item on the screen select the area of your interest by pressing select button and dragging around,
                      3. then press crop,
                      4. then press resize button,
                      5. in the resize and skew window click on pixels,
                      6. and in the resize and skew window deselect the Maintain aspect ratio,
                      7. then type 360 in the box next to horizontal and 120 in the vertical box,
                      8. now save the image as JPEG image and make sure that it's 30 KB or less,
                      9. the image is now ready for you to upload to the website.
                      Good luck with your application.

Comment

How did you create the Signature Image? Is it just thumbprint? Can you explain that process? How did you create the signature image from an infant?

Hello Members,

I managed to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          How did you create the Signature Image? Is it just thumbprint? Can you explain that process? How did you create the signature image from an infant?
                          Whose signature?. Father or mother or both? Or kids signature?. My kids are 5 & 9. Their thumb impression?

Comment

Originally posted by haritarora View Post
                            I can upload the Picture, same pixels and less than 30kb. But the signature image is the one that is troubling. If you google aspect ratio its always the first number bigger than the second. 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and so on. I tried that in Microsoft Picture Manager and did not work.

Someone Please help. Also I am applying this for a minor, how can a minor sign? Do I need to provide My Signature?

You need to take thumb impression of your minor if less than 5 years of age.
                            Uploading image is easy part, tricky part is uploading signature image....

i tried cropping from this site https://croppola.com/. INtially it will not show 1:3 got to manual change it and come back to auto you can 1:3.

I tried my luck this way it didnt worked. i called CGIS they asked me check video aviable in youtube, but nothing is available.

Le me know if you are able to do it
                            Last edited by samlynn; 12-29-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I just use my scanner to do it. I can manually set the size of the scan area (Macbook & Epson printer/scanner). Sign on a white page, set the scan area size, move the scan area over the signature and center it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X