Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband Desertion while wife on H4

Hi,

A Hindu girl married with a Hindu boy. The Husband deserted on grounds of infidelity.(husband was cheating).
    Wife(on H4) wishes to reconcile.Presently the girl doesn't know where the husband is.
    What actions can she take? The guy is not in touch with any of his family members too.
    please help

Husband Desertion while wife on H4

Why would anyone ever want to find someone like him and reconcile? I cannot even respond to such a ridiculous question.

I am not sure what the statement "the girl doesn't know where the husband is" means exactly. His H1 was granted through an employer so is he not still working? If he left his job and is not working at all then he is out of status and that makes his wife on the H4 out of status. This is a serious situation. If that is the case, the girl would need to leave and go back to her home country immediately as she would be accruing unlawful presence here. The only thing that makes her H4 visa valid is being married to a H1 who is working.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.
    Last edited by samlynn; 12-07-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X