Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI Process changed again.. What documents to upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Process changed again.. What documents to upload?

I was trying to create the online application for OCI. I noticed that the process is much changed from what is outlined on CKGS site.

Now you have to upload passport photo and signature photo to the application.
    There is a new field for Aadhar number.
    My question is regd the documents to be uploaded to the application (it says they are mandatory).
    It asks for:
    Current Passport
    Indian Origin Proof
    Indian Visa
    PIO Card
    Spouse OCI Card
    Relationship Certificate
    Marriage Certificate

The application is for my son who is 1.5 years and born in US ( to Indian parents). He has PIO card. What documents should i upload?

Current Passport - He has this - US Passport, right?
    Indian Origin Proof - Do we have to upload both parents passport copy?
    Indian Visa - He does not have visa, only PIO card.
    PIO Card - He has this.
    Spouse OCI Card - Obviously not applicable, right?
    Relationship Certificate - What is this and is it not applicable?
    Marriage Certificate - Is it marriage certificate of parents?

We can count on Indian authorities to create a complicated procedure.!

Originally posted by manumaan View Post
    I was trying to create the online application for OCI. I noticed that the process is much changed from what is outlined on CKGS site.

My question is regd the documents to be uploaded to the application (it says they are mandatory).
    It asks for:
    Current Passport
    Indian Origin Proof
    Indian Visa
    PIO Card
    Spouse OCI Card
    Relationship Certificate
    Marriage Certificate

The application is for my son who is 1.5 years and born in US ( to Indian parents). He has PIO card. What documents should i upload?

PIO Card - He has this.

Dear Applicant,

We request you to send your queries at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team

Comment

As far as I know

It asks for:
      Current Passport
      Indian Origin Proof
      Indian Visa
      PIO Card
      Spouse OCI Card
      Relationship Certificate
      Marriage Certificate

Current Passport - He has this - US Passport, right? YES
      Indian Origin Proof - Do we have to upload both parents passport copy? YES
      Indian Visa - He does not have visa, only PIO card.DOESN'T APPLY
      PIO Card - He has this. THIS APPLIES, SO SUBMIT PIO
      Spouse OCI Card - Obviously not applicable, right? OBVIOUSLY
      Relationship Certificate - What is this and is it not applicable? BIRTH CERTIFICATE
      Marriage Certificate - Is it marriage certificate of parents? YES

Good luck.

Comment

It asks for:
        Current Passport
        Indian Origin Proof
        Indian Visa
        PIO Card
        Spouse OCI Card
        Relationship Certificate
        Marriage Certificate

PIO Card - He has this.

Whats happening with consulate folks?. Its high time to send these all to Modi. He said process is simple but these folks made it complicated. All our kids have PIO cards.. Why again we need to apply as if we are applying for the first time?. Can someone listen and make this conversion a simple process?

Comment

Nothing will change with Indian bureaucracy and red tape. PM Modi says OCI process is going to get simpler, but the embassies make their own rules and try to do the opposite by making it as difficult as possible.

When they say they are making it simpler, it actually means they are making it more difficult!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by indocan View Post
            Nothing will change with Indian bureaucracy and red tape. PM Modi says OCI process is going to get simpler, but the embassies make their own rules and try to do the opposite by making it as difficult as possible.

When they say they are making it simpler, it actually means they are making it more difficult!!!!
            Check Washington embassy site.. https://www.indianembassy.org/pages.php?id=21

The erstwhile PIO cardholder with valid PIO card as on 9 January 2015 will have to upload only the following documents with his/her application:

(a) Copy of the valid Passport

(b) Copy of the PIO card

The applicants can submit the applications online from anywhere. The grant of OCI card in lieu of the PIO card will be on a gratis basis.

Also from http://www.cgisf.org/notice/display/142

New Delhi, June 05, 2015CIRCULAR

This is to notify that submission of application for OCI card in lieu of PIO card is voluntary and optional. OCI card in lieu of PIO card can be applied at https://passport.gov.in/oci. All extant PIO cards will continue to be valid until further instructions on the matter are conveyed by MHA. 2. Endorsements stating that existing PIO cards are valid for life would be made at the first point with which the card holder comes into contact, be it an Indian Mission, an FRRO or an immigration check-point. These endorsements/ stamps would, however, not be mandatory - See more at: http://www.cgisf.org/notice/display/....xd5jogkk.dpuf

Comment

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
              Check Washington embassy site.. https://www.indianembassy.org/pages.php?id=21

The erstwhile PIO cardholder with valid PIO card as on 9 January 2015 will have to upload only the following documents with his/her application:

(a) Copy of the valid Passport

(b) Copy of the PIO card

The applicants can submit the applications online from anywhere. The grant of OCI card in lieu of the PIO card will be on a gratis basis.

Also from http://www.cgisf.org/notice/display/142

New Delhi, June 05, 2015CIRCULAR

This is to notify that submission of application for OCI card in lieu of PIO card is voluntary and optional. OCI card in lieu of PIO card can be applied at https://passport.gov.in/oci. All extant PIO cards will continue to be valid until further instructions on the matter are conveyed by MHA. 2. Endorsements stating that existing PIO cards are valid for life would be made at the first point with which the card holder comes into contact, be it an Indian Mission, an FRRO or an immigration check-point. These endorsements/ stamps would, however, not be mandatory - See more at: http://www.cgisf.org/notice/display/....xd5jogkk.dpuf
              Are you working for the Indian embassy?

Comment

Originally posted by indocan View Post
                Are you working for the Indian embassy?
                No... Wish I will....

Comment

OCI card Upload Documents

No... Wish I will....
                  Do they realize that it is impossible to upload a Indian proof of origin document which consists of

1. Indian passport of parents ( 6 pdf pages each )
                  2. Birth certificate

and to limit the size of document to 500kb.

What the hell are they thinking ?

Only one document can be uploaded per category.

My local mortgage company has a better document upload site than our national passport authority

Comment

Originally posted by delchicago1 View Post
                    Do they realize that it is impossible to upload a Indian proof of origin document which consists of

1. Indian passport of parents ( 6 pdf pages each )
                    2. Birth certificate

and to limit the size of document to 500kb.

What the hell are they thinking ?

Only one document can be uploaded per category.

My local mortgage company has a better document upload site than our national passport authority
                    Any idea who successfully uploaded in this forum and how they did?. Can they share their experience?

Comment

I was trying to do the process for myself through the cox website.

ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

They have a section that shows which documents has to be uploaded during the online application.

Comment

Any idea who successfully uploaded in this forum and how they did?. Can they share their experience?
                        I was finally able to get the documents by playing with the scanner settings prior to scanning the documents. Took me at least 5 attempts. I decreased the resolution to 69 dpi and then also made the docs black and white. Need a fast scanner.

Comment

Above link explains online process. I think documents required to be submitted physically vary from place to place.
                          Last edited by Antonise; 05-30-2016, 09:56 AM. Reason: Banned website

Comment

Originally posted by gdr View Post
                            Good luck.
                            If you are uploading documents for your minor kid than you have to upload only existing PIO card and passport. I uploaded both documents and now done with it. you dont need to worry about all the mentioned documents.

Comment

Originally posted by raj1857 View Post
                              If you are uploading documents for your minor kid than you have to upload only existing PIO card and passport. I uploaded both documents and now done with it. you dont need to worry about all the mentioned documents.
                              What about adults who were previously Indian citizens? Do I need to upload my old Indian passport as well? It's impossible to find info on this!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X