No announcement yet.

L1B Visa expiring on 5th Feb 2016 can I reenter US in the last week of Jan 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa expiring on 5th Feb 2016 can I reenter US in the last week of Jan 2016

Hi I am currently in US on L1 Visa. Below are the expiry dates for the various documents.

L1B Visa - 5th Feb 2016
    I94 - 5th Feb 2016
    L1B petition (I129) - 5th Feb 2016. Extension for this is already applied in Aug 2015and I have the receipt number from UCSIS.

I am planning to go on a vacation from Jan 8th to Jan 28th. Can I re enter the US with my VISA just valid for one more week and my petition under extension.

Is there any rule which states that the Visa has to be valid for a minimum of X (30 or 60) days while reentering US.

Your immediate response will be appreciated very much. Planning to book the tickets this weekend.

Br,
    PGPADA

Can someone answer me as soon as possible, please. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Raghvi,
      Can you please reply to my thread. Looking for some reliable answers. Thanks Please.

Originally posted by pgpada View Post
      Hi I am currently in US on L1 Visa. Below are the expiry dates for the various documents.

L1B Visa - 5th Feb 2016
      I94 - 5th Feb 2016
      L1B petition (I129) - 5th Feb 2016. Extension for this is already applied in Aug 2015and I have the receipt number from UCSIS.

I am planning to go on a vacation from Jan 8th to Jan 28th. Can I re enter the US with my VISA just valid for one more week and my petition under extension.

Is there any rule which states that the Visa has to be valid for a minimum of X (30 or 60) days while reentering US.

Your immediate response will be appreciated very much. Planning to book the tickets this weekend.

Br,
      PGPADA

Comment

Hi Raghvi,
        Can you please reply to my thread. Looking for some reliable answers. Thanks Please.
        Yes you can but may questioning at the POE and will most probably be given I-94 only till 5th Feb 2016. I would suggest you upgrade the Extension request to premium and get a decision before you leave.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Yes you can but may questioning at the POE and will most probably be given I-94 only till 5th Feb 2016. I would suggest you upgrade the Extension request to premium and get a decision before you leave.

Thanks Raghvi. Even if I move to premium my company says UCSIS would take 15 days to get back. Even if I get this moving to premium this week and given the year end holidays I am not sure if I will have the extended petition by Jan 8th.

As long as I am allowed to reenter I can always get back extended I 94 depending on the extended petition right?

What's the risk and what kind of questioning I may be subjected at POE. Your responses would help me take my decision at the earliest.

Thanks again and appreciate your help.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi. Even if I move to premium my company says UCSIS would take 15 days to get back. Even if I get this moving to premium this week and given the year end holidays I am not sure if I will have the extended petition by Jan 8th.

As long as I am allowed to reenter I can always get back extended I 94 depending on the extended petition right?

What's the risk and what kind of questioning I may be subjected at POE. Your responses would help me take my decision at the earliest.

Thanks again and appreciate your help.
            I hope you are doing good and back to US.
            Could you please let me know if there were any question from immigration team about you entering again on very short Visa validity.
            I have L1B Visa till 04/16/16, but i am going to India for a trip from 10th feb - 2nd March. Do you think if there will be any problem with me while entering back. ?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by mgpta21 View Post
              Could you please let me know if there were any question from immigration team about you entering again on very short Visa validity.
              I have L1B Visa till 04/16/16, but i am going to India for a trip from 10th feb - 2nd March. Do you think if there will be any problem with me while entering back. ?

Thanks !
              Hi ,
              Unfortunately I dint proceed with my trip given there were so many unknowns.

Let me know what was your experience

Comment

Query on minimum of X (30 or 60) days to reenter US

Originally posted by mgpta21 View Post

Thanks !

Hi - Hope you are back to US. Can you please explain your experience in this situation? I am also on L1B and planning a last minute vacation

L1B Visa - Oct 2016
                I94 - Apr 2018
                L1B petition (I129) - Oct 2016
                Planned date of re-entry - 30th August 2016

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by eham View Post
                  Hi - Hope you are back to US. Can you please explain your experience in this situation? I am also on L1B and planning a last minute vacation

L1B Visa - Oct 2016
                  I94 - Apr 2018
                  L1B petition (I129) - Oct 2016
                  Planned date of re-entry - 30th August 2016

Thanks in advance
                  You have to hand over the I94 at the port if exit. Upon return you will get I94 only till visa expiry/passport expiry, whichever is earlier.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X