Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction of name in F1 visa

Hi,

I had made a mistake while filling my first DS 160 form i.e instead of PRATHYUSHA I misspelled it as PRATHUSHA. But I had corrected my mistake by filling another DS 160. I had taken the new DS 160 form on the day of OFC as well as VISA. No problem arised at both the places and none of the officials questioned me regarding the change of DS form number even when the bar code on the DS was scanned I was not questioned. My visa is approved and after receiving it I noticed that the name was wrongly spelled in the same way as on my first DS form i.e PRATHUSHA. I had not carried my old DS form to any of my appointments but I am not sure why the name on my visa shows the way it was on the old one.

I am not in a position to reapply for my visa as there are not slots available in India till Jan 7th and my classes would commence on Jan 11th.

I would like to know if this scenario will create a problem in the future i.e if I show other proofs with the correct name then will my VISA be accepted at the point of entry(immigration check).

How do I deal with this? Please help me in this regard

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X