Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Status

Hello,
    I have a complicated situation. My SEVIS was terminated in July 2014 by my college and I have applied for my reinstatement of my F1 status with USCIS. I have enrolled in courses next semester and graduated in January 2015 while my reinstatement application was still pending. I couldn't apply for my OPT after graduation because my SEVIS was still inactive at that time and I was waiting for that to get approved. In the meantime, my H1B application was picked in the lottery in April 2015 and is still under processing. My Reinstatement application got approved on August 25th, 2015 and I was under the assumption that Since my H1B is under processing, my SEVIS would remain active as long as any decision is taken on my application. But Today when I tried to get my Sevis record transferred to a different college, my DSO told me since I haven't enrolled in the Summer or FALL semester, my SEVIS is not active and I would have to transfer out with an inactive Sevis and my new school has to apply for my reinstatement. I am unable to take a call on my next steps. Please advise.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X