TN Chances - 'Engineer' related degree Industrial Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN Chances - 'Engineer' related degree Industrial Engineering

I have a job offer (Operations Engineering Manager) which matches closest to the TN category of Engineer and more specifically Industrial Engineer.

My academic background is in Electrical engineering. I am also licensed as a P.Eng in my province am allowed to perform Industrial engineering work under the license (but the license itself is generic does not name specific engineering fields)

My company's lawyer advised me this may be a cause for rejection and filed to USCIS under premium processing on the basis of my P.Eng license. I also provided a letter highlighting courses from my Electrical engineering undergrad that matched the job duties.

Now looking into it, I feel like the lawyer didn't research properly because the OOH says this about how to become an Industrial engineer
    "Industrial engineers need a bachelor’s degree, typically in industrial engineering. However, many industrial engineers have degrees in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering technology, or general engineering."

Am I just paranoid on my chances of rejection? Is USCIS have a better shot of success then POE?
    Any guidance is appreciated.

Getting a TN visa in my case wwas very easy, the job offer has to match the careers of your degree and your degree has to be listed in the NAFTA agreement careers, if that's the case, you just need the company's job offer and go to the US consulate to get the visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X