Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving a USCIS receipt after DOS Favorable Recommendation

Hi everyone,

I received the favorable recommendation from the DOS over a No objection case the 10th of December of 2015. The system shows that it was sent the same day. After I had contacted the J1 waiver DOS division, they told me that the recommendation was sent electronically to the USCIS and I should receive the recommendation letter soon.

It has been more than 1 month after I received this information and I still not received neither the recommendation letter from the DOS or the USCIS receipt. I called the USCIS, asking for my case or receipt number, but they told me that 'there is no case with my name', and basically gave me no solution.

I emailed the Department of state again, asking for a new copy of the recommendation letter and asking if the fact that the USCIS had no case with my name was something to worry about.

Guys, do you know if there is anything else I can do to get the receipt number from the USCIS? After almost 8 months waiting for the No objection letter from my country and the DOS for the Favorable recommendation, I am really getting desperate by now .

Thanks!

YOu can make infopass appointment.

This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Roberto,

Did you receive the I797 from the USCIS?

I did the letter from the DOS and I also see on the case status that the recommendation was send to USCIS but I haven`t received any receipt number yet. What did you do to get this fixed?

Regards
      Anand.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Konow View Post
        Hi everyone,

I received the favorable recommendation from the DOS over a No objection case the 10th of December of 2015. The system shows that it was sent the same day. After I had contacted the J1 waiver DOS division, they told me that the recommendation was sent electronically to the USCIS and I should receive the recommendation letter soon.

It has been more than 1 month after I received this information and I still not received neither the recommendation letter from the DOS or the USCIS receipt. I called the USCIS, asking for my case or receipt number, but they told me that 'there is no case with my name', and basically gave me no solution.

I emailed the Department of state again, asking for a new copy of the recommendation letter and asking if the fact that the USCIS had no case with my name was something to worry about.

Guys, do you know if there is anything else I can do to get the receipt number from the USCIS? After almost 8 months waiting for the No objection letter from my country and the DOS for the Favorable recommendation, I am really getting desperate by now .

Thanks!
        Hi, I have the same situation like you now. How is your case in the end?

Comment

Any update on this Roberto or any other guys? I am on the same boat right now. I would appreciate your help. Feeling desperate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X