Urgent Domicile consultation for IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Domicile consultation for IV

I work overseas for an oil company trades with US. namely Saudi Aramco. I was hired from company's office in the US
    I understand this type of employment doesn't change my US domicile.
    1-Company deposits part of my salary to my us account.
    2-company sends me W-2 and files my tax
    3-company established my 401k in the US
    4- I maintain my address in the US ( however lease is not mine)

Despite all of the above, consular didn't approve my IV visa for my wife and 3 children on the basis of my physical existence overseas.
    I was not given written instruction on what to do to approve family visa.
    Consular verbally said I need to establish my domicile in the US. He also implied that having a lease only is not enough and he needs a personal action from my side that I am going back to US.
    Does it mean I have to resign and physically go back? this sounds very extrem and poses complications on my life.
    Your kind advise and guidance is appreciated

Any expert in this form who can help us out on that?? Would really appreciate any thought

Comment

See if any of these conditions apply to you then your might be able to qualify for US domicile.

Here is the link for this also.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Country of Domicile.

Indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future. If your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a typed or printed explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement. If you are not currently living in the United States, you may meet the domicile requirement if you can submit evidence to establish that any of the following conditions apply:

1.You are employed by a certain organization.

Some individuals employed overseas are automatically considered as domiciled in the United States because of the nature of their employment. The qualifying types of employment include employment by:

A.The U.S. Government;

B.An American institution of research recognized by the Secretary of Homeland Security (you may find the list of qualifying institutions at 8 CFR 316.20);

C.A U.S. firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade and commerce with the United States, or a subsidiary of such a firm or corporation;

D.A public international organization in which the United States participates by treaty or statute;

E.A religious denomination having a bona fide organization in the United States, if the employment abroad involves the person’s performance of priestly or ministerial functions on behalf of the denomination; or

F.A religious denomination or interdenominational missionary organization having a bona fide organization in the United States, if the person is engaged solely as a missionary.

2.You are living abroad temporarily.If you are not currently living in the United States, you must provide proof that your trip abroad is temporary and that you have maintained your domicile in the United States. Examples of proof include:

A.Your voting record in the United States;

B.Records of paying U.S. state or local taxes;

C.Having property in the United States;

D.Maintaining bank or investment accounts in the United States;

E.Having a permanent mailing address in the United States; or

F.Other proof such as evidence that you are a student studying abroad or that a foreign government has authorized a temporary stay.

3.You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission or adjustment of status.

You must submit proof that you have taken concrete steps to establish that you will domicile in the United States at a time no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission or adjustment of status. Concrete steps might include accepting a job in the United States, signing a lease or purchasing a residence in the United States, or registering children in U.S. schools. Please attach proof of the steps you have taken to establish domicile as described above.
      Last edited by Awan96; 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM.
      Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

Comment

Thank you sir
        I appreciate the advise.
        Will go thru it and check my options.
        Please be so kind to advise me further more questions came up.

Comment

hello Awan96

Thanks again for your response.

I am intending to do the following to establish my domicile to consular and would really like to have your thoughts on those steps:
          1-will rent an apartment and pay utility bills
          2-transfer fund to my US Bank account
          3-open a college fund for my children in the US and start saving for their education
          4-submit all evidence on the above with explanation
          Do you think consular will still have doubts that I am not intending to establish my domicile or will question my ties?
          Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X