Re-acquiring Indian citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-acquiring Indian citizenship

I am living in the UK for last 15 years. I acquired UK citizenship in 2006 and since holds UK passport and OCI. For some personal reasons, I now plan to relocate to India and want to acquire Indian citizenship back.
    I was wondering if anyone can help me to understand the process my application, mainly:

1. My eligibility to acquire the Indian citizenship
    2. Form to fill up (web link)
    3. Expected time frame to complete the procedure

I look forward for some constructive comments!

Originally posted by Arendra K Dehra View Post
    I am living in the UK for last 15 years. I acquired UK citizenship in 2006 and since holds UK passport and OCI. For some personal reasons, I now plan to relocate to India and want to acquire Indian citizenship back.
    I was wondering if anyone can help me to understand the process my application, mainly:

1. My eligibility to acquire the Indian citizenship
    2. Form to fill up (web link)
    3. Expected time frame to complete the procedure

I look forward for some constructive comments!
    First of all, you need to read the citizenship rules of India. You can google and find it in the web. You need to stay in India for 10 years before you are eligible to apply. The fact that you were a citizen once may go a long way in your quest for Indian citizenship. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by narayanak View Post
      First of all, you need to read the citizenship rules of India. You can google and find it in the web. You need to stay in India for 10 years before you are eligible to apply. The fact that you were a citizen once may go a long way in your quest for Indian citizenship. Good luck

You should be able to apply for indian citizenship as soon as you land.. here's what it says..

Persons of full age whose both parents are registered as citizens of India under section 5(1)(a) or section 6(1) can acquire Indian citizenship under section 5(1)(e). Application shall be made in Form III-A.
      Persons of full age who or either of the parents were earlier citizen of Independent India and residing in India for ONE YEAR immediately before making application under section 5(1)(f). Application shall be made in Form III- B.
      Persons of full age and capacity who has been registered as an OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI) for five years and residing in India for ONE YEAR before making application under section 5(1)(g). Application shall be made in Form III-C.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X