• Show
Clear All

• F1/F2B processing timeline

Hi

My priority date is 18th Jan 2010 and category is F2B i received
    welcome letter received from NVC on 28th July 2015
    i submitted immigration fee to the NVC on 22nd Aug 2015
    Submit documents and my sponsor documents to the NVC on 10th Dec 2015
    Received acknowledgement from NVC of receiving documents on 12th Dec 2015.

When my mother sponsored me she was permanent resident of US but when i received welcome letter she is US citizen so by law my category should be changed from F2B to F1. My attorney sent my mother's US passport copy and my Immigration case No to NVC to change the category. please let me know how long now it will take now for interview date and then visa. I shall be very much thankful to you.

Regards

Hi, my situation is the same as yours. What have you done? PD for F2B is now SEPT2009, so its better for you to stay on F2B.

Comment

Originally posted by tortolita View Post
      Hi, my situation is the same as yours. What have you done? PD for F2B is now SEPT2009, so its better for you to stay on F2B.
      Hi

But now i recieved acknowledgement from NVC that my category has been changed from F2B to F1 and i checked my PD of F1 is Sept2008 which is 1 year late but my attorney says that it is late till interview but after interview F1 category has more preference of visas.

Comment

Question

Hello! How can I now my priority date? Please somebody help me

Comment

Hello guys,

I had the same issue. My category changed due to change in my parents status (PR-->Citizen)
          Things to remember,
          Priority dates are allocated in certain numbers (So if someone is telling you, person who's category was F2B and changed to F1, still he will get visa or interviewed as per F2B, that's not possible). You should realize you're category is now changed and it will considered as per changed category. I can say this because me and someone else whom I know, we are experiencing. Our F2B dates are due already and we haven't got any call from NVC.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Patelgujju View Post
            Hello guys,

I had the same issue. My category changed due to change in my parents status (PR-->Citizen)
            Things to remember,
            Priority dates are allocated in certain numbers (So if someone is telling you, person who's category was F2B and changed to F1, still he will get visa or interviewed as per F2B, that's not possible). You should realize you're category is now changed and it will considered as per changed category. I can say this because me and someone else whom I know, we are experiencing. Our F2B dates are due already and we haven't got any call from NVC.

Cheers
            Have you received an interview date yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriela Sanchez View Post
              Hello! How can I now my priority date? Please somebody help me
              That is the date your petioner started your filing

Comment

F1/f2b

My pd is aug 2010 and case completed april 2016 started in f2b then my mom status changed in dec 2015 so now f1. Wrote to nvc requesting to opt out but still have not gotten a response.
                Has anyone witj similar PD gotten interview dates

Comment

f2b to f1

my situation is the same as yours my pd is aug 2010
                  case complete april 2010
                  was a f2b category until dec 2015.
                  received letter nvc stating my status will change to f1
                  request the opt out option, still waiting on nvc to confirm or deny request.

have you received an interview date?

Comment

Originally posted by aleewaqas View Post
                    Hi

My priority date is 18th Jan 2010 and category is F2B i received
                    welcome letter received from NVC on 28th July 2015
                    i submitted immigration fee to the NVC on 22nd Aug 2015
                    Submit documents and my sponsor documents to the NVC on 10th Dec 2015
                    Received acknowledgement from NVC of receiving documents on 12th Dec 2015.

When my mother sponsored me she was permanent resident of US but when i received welcome letter she is US citizen so by law my category should be changed from F2B to F1. My attorney sent my mother's US passport copy and my Immigration case No to NVC to change the category. please let me know how long now it will take now for interview date and then visa. I shall be very much thankful to you.

Regards
                    have you gotten a interview date yet?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X