Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropbox - CEAC Says Visa issued but got email as 221 (g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox - CEAC Says Visa issued but got email as 221 (g)

Hi,
    i have a weird issue. On jan 11 2016 i went for Dropbox to Chennai consulate.
    I submitted all by documents and they asked me to check back in a week.
    On 13 jan 2016 when i checked online , Status said "Issued". I was very happy and started tracking my passport.

Today on 19th Jan, i did not get my passport and the status always said "The passport is still with Embassy / Counsalte". i chatted with the Agents and raised a ticket.
    To my shocker, i got the following email in 4- 5 hours

<snip>
    Dear Applicant,

Your application remains pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review.

The Department of State is continuously working to expedite visas. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as your case is processed to conclusion. You can also check the status of your visa online at: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

</mail>

I am now surprised and confused. I went to the website online and it still says "Issued" and the status has not been updated from 13th.

Please advise. Has my Visa been issued or not. if it is 221(g) what kind of slip it is?
    What should be my next steps.

Originally posted by Karthic Viswanathan View Post
    Hi,
    i have a weird issue. On jan 11 2016 i went for Dropbox to Chennai consulate.
    I submitted all by documents and they asked me to check back in a week.
    On 13 jan 2016 when i checked online , Status said "Issued". I was very happy and started tracking my passport.

Today on 19th Jan, i did not get my passport and the status always said "The passport is still with Embassy / Counsalte". i chatted with the Agents and raised a ticket.
    To my shocker, i got the following email in 4- 5 hours

<snip>
    Dear Applicant,

Your application remains pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review.

The Department of State is continuously working to expedite visas. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as your case is processed to conclusion. You can also check the status of your visa online at: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

</mail>

I am now surprised and confused. I went to the website online and it still says "Issued" and the status has not been updated from 13th.

Please advise. Has my Visa been issued or not. if it is 221(g) what kind of slip it is?
    What should be my next steps.
    I wouldn't trust the online case status to be the latest. keep following up with the help desk.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Case Updated

My Case got updated to "Administrative Processing"
      It says
      Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

is there anything i can do ? Should i be submitting any documents?
      (Tensed)

Comment

Hi,

Did your Visa get approved yet, I got the same message from the embassy. Just wanted to know.

Thanks,

Comment

Received same reply

Hi

Did you received your visa, I also received same message from Consulate.

if yes, could you please mention your timeline.

Thanks

Comment

I would like to understand the background, Did everyone reported here have gone to the drop box to drop off the documents ? Any changes to the company in the past ? What is the Pattern...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X