Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Email from Consulate to Submit the passports

Hi,

I attended Visa interview on Friday, 15 Jan 2016 at Mumbai consulate. After asking 5 very basic questions (total exp., salary offered in the US, highest education qualification , #of years association with current company etc.) The consular lady told me that my Visa approval is on hold for some internal processing. She returned my passport and told me that we'll call the passports if needed. The lady did not give me any "Document pending letter" or form "221(g) "

The Status updated to "Administrative Processing" on Monday, 18th Jan.

I traveled to Mubai again and submitted my and my dependent's(H4) passports on 21st Jan, after receiving the below email from Mumbai, AdminProcessing. Today on 22nd Jan, the status is still "Admin Processing" however the status updated date is now changed to "22-Jan-2016". Does anybody has any clues what's going on? Is my Visa approved? Please refer the email content received from consulate as is -

============================================================ ================

U.S. Consulate General Mumbai is pleased to report that the administrative processing is complete for the applications listed below.

Please follow these steps for final processing:

1. Confirm that your CEAC barcode number is listed below.

2. Submit your passport and a printed copy of this email at one of our drop-off locations. For a list of passport drop off locations, please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-lo....asp#locations. There is no fee for this service. (PLEASE DO NOT SEND PASSPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULATE)

3. Print 2 copies of “Requested Documentation Submission Slip” (Link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/221G_...tter_India.pdf ). Complete the slip manually and submit with the documents listed below at one of our drop-off locations.

Thank you,

U.S. Consulate General Mumbai

Consular Section

====================================================

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X