Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long to get the green card by mail after entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long to get the green card by mail after entry?

Hello Friends,
    My parents arrived on immigrant visa to the US on 12/11/2015 and its been couple of weeks now and yet no
    communication from USCIS (no welcome letter, no green card, etc).
    only thing that arrived was my parents social security card.. yey

my parents performed the counselor interview back in September 2015 and I paid the USCIS
    immigrant fees in early November 2015 (i.e about a month before they arrived)

my parents need to visit my sister who lives overseas and need to leave the US in next month, any ideas what is
    the expected time line/wait time for the actual green card to arrive?
    can my parents leave without having the green card in their hands? is this advisable?
    I tried calling USCIS but since its been less than 60 days since they arrived they refused to look into it

Thank you

any thoughts folks? would really appreciate any directions/experiences you may have
    have a great weekend

Comment

Originally posted by che82 View Post
      any thoughts folks? would really appreciate any directions/experiences you may have
      have a great weekend
      Hello Friend,

I would like to know how your situation finally got resolved? I am in the same exact situation as you are facing. Received the SSN but still awaiting Greencard. Did you call/email/enquire anybody to know the status? Please clarify. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X