Visa Taking Too Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Taking Too Long

I file a petition for my Fiance 6 months ago, haven't heard of anything none nothing, and im starting to think that maybe it will take longer? i really think it will only take around 6 months and im afraid right now that it might take more than a year, and i really don't want that to happen, i'm an american citizen she's japanese citizen so i really can't see a reason why it would take a long time but i'm still here waiting for it with no updates, can someone please help me i just want to know how they process it or is there any reason why they are taking a bit too long?..

Hello Yu
    Did you sign up for case status updates on the USCIS website? it occasionally updates you to the progress of your case.
    Did you at least get a NOA1 (Notice of Action Form I-797C) that says your case has been received and being processed?
    As for the fiance visa I-129F timeline, it normally takes 5+ months to process and approve. So, you're looking at a case approval (hopefully soon). But even after approval it may take an additional 2-3 months for the Embassy/interview to issue a k1 visa. Good luck, hope this helps.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X