Notary Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notary Issue

Hi, Need to submit OCI application for my daughter. Went to multiple notaries however they were not ready to notarize the photocopy of my/wife passport (we are in NY state). They mentioned that they are not allowed to notarize on photocopy even If I signed in front of them. They are not ready to notarize my signature of photocopy of passport.

Please advice what are other doing to get around this issue. Need to get passport & other docs notarized.
    Thanks for your help.

(tried to search the forum however could not find specific answer)

Originally posted by mscstuffpm View Post
    Hi, Need to submit OCI application for my daughter. Went to multiple notaries however they were not ready to notarize the photocopy of my/wife passport (we are in NY state). They mentioned that they are not allowed to notarize on photocopy even If I signed in front of them. They are not ready to notarize my signature of photocopy of passport.

Please advice what are other doing to get around this issue. Need to get passport & other docs notarized.
    Thanks for your help.

No, it is impossible to get notarized in USA without original documents.

Comment

Now the OCI process is changed, so you need to send original parents current passport and self attested copy.
      There is no need to get it notarized. Look at item 6 in document checklist and forms:

6) Parents Current Passports Original & Self Attested Copy

Comment

Originally posted by visak View Post
        Now the OCI process is changed, so you need to send original parents current passport and self attested copy.
        There is no need to get it notarized. Look at item 6 in document checklist and forms:

6) Parents Current Passports Original & Self Attested Copy
        Looked at the checklist for "US Passport_Minor - New OCI Card", following documents are required to be notarized: Permanent resident card (both sides), Birth Certificate of minor, Proof of address (my US driver license), Parent Marriage Certificate, Point# 16 requires parents passport copy that is notarized.

I have all the originals however notary at 2 places is not ready to notarize document copy.
        Please advice.

Comment

Agreed - I have the same issue and question! When I emailed them, they said that they understand that all forms cannot be notarized. I then asked them that if that is the case, will it be ok to send those documents without notary. Their response was to follow the checklist.

They did not answer the question at all and came around to the same standard answer - to follow the checklist????

What is one to do with these contradictory and impossible steps?

Comment

Originally posted by samverma View Post
            Agreed - I have the same issue and question! When I emailed them, they said that they understand that all forms cannot be notarized. I then asked them that if that is the case, will it be ok to send those documents without notary. Their response was to follow the checklist.

They did not answer the question at all and came around to the same standard answer - to follow the checklist????

I got all documents notarized with help of a friend in office. Other places no one was ready to notarize. This process is stupid. CKGS customer service has no idea

Comment

Originally posted by samverma View Post

Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your query at [email protected] to assist you better.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
              CKGS USA Team.

Comment

I got all documents notarized with help of a friend in office. Other places no one was ready to notarize. This process is stupid. CKGS customer service has no idea
                Dear Applicant,

Kindly send your query at [email protected] to assist you better.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
                CKGS USA Team.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

may i ask is for which Jurisdiction?

Comment

Originally posted by kandisa.ganesh View Post
                    No, it is impossible to get notarized in USA without original documents.
                    Even with original documents, most states wont notarize now. They only notarize documents intended for "notary"..

Comment

San Francisco jurisdiction

reply to all, if submission is to San Francisco, application is for adult, no need to notarize any single paper and no original support documents and current passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X