Post petition approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post petition approval

Is there a time limit after the petition being approved that you have to follow through with the process? Will it always be in the system and can continue say a year later or longer? Or after a certain amount of time would I have to send in a another petition?

Once the petition (immmigrant petition, not nonimmigrant petition) reaches the National Visa Center (NVC), the processing there can be delayed for a year. Beyond a year, you must be in contact with the NVC.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Lightstrider View Post
    Is there a time limit after the petition being approved that you have to follow through with the process? Will it always be in the system and can continue say a year later or longer? Or after a certain amount of time would I have to send in a another petition?

Comment

Do you mean to ask whether your approved I-129F has an expiration date? if so, then yes. I believe it's valid up to 4 months. But it hardly matters because it can be extended by the immigration authorities indefinitely.

As for a follow up, your foreign fiance must follow up and initiate the K1 application process after receiving the invitation to apply from the Embassy.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X