Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS-160 - Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 - Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?

I have completed the DS-160 for my K1 Fiancee Visa.

I was married to a US Citizen in the past (divorced now) on a K1 Fiancee Visa but not sure if an 'immigrant petition' would have been filed on my behalf therefore I answered NO and also I do not understand what an 'immigrant petition' is.

Could you please advise me as to what an 'immigrant petition' is and if I was right to answer NO or should I have answered YES.

Thank you for your assistance.

DS-160 - Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?

Immigrant Petition is for those beneficiary who are married to American citizen and their petition had been filed by an American citizen. If you don't know your petition has been filed or not then ask your x-partner if he or she has filed.

Comment

technically the k1 is a non-immigrant visa. Because it's a temporary stay in the US until your fulfill the conditions of marrying the American citizen. So, I would assume that the answer to this question is "NO". Unless, you've been sponsored to come to the US on other visas.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X