No announcement yet.

Expired H1 B Pettion - Current working in L1 Visa Is it possible to extend it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1 B Pettion - Current working in L1 Visa Is it possible to extend it

Hi All ,
    I worked in H1 B visa from June 2011 to till Mar 2013 and didn't extend it after that . I went back to India due to personal emergency and worked in India for 2.5 Years . My role got changed and currently working on Managerial and project delivery management . My employer processed L1 A visa and back to USA a couple of month ago ( Nov'15) . I would like to check if there is possibility to use my previous H1B visa and look for better job opportunity in technical .

Would like to know more details . If anyone have similar kind of experience , please share me .

Originally posted by kalisen01 View Post
    Hi All ,
    I worked in H1 B visa from June 2011 to till Mar 2013 and didn't extend it after that . I went back to India due to personal emergency and worked in India for 2.5 Years . My role got changed and currently working on Managerial and project delivery management . My employer processed L1 A visa and back to USA a couple of month ago ( Nov'15) . I would like to check if there is possibility to use my previous H1B visa and look for better job opportunity in technical .

Would like to know more details . If anyone have similar kind of experience , please share me .
    Yes it could be possible. But remember, H1+L1 can at max be for 6 Years. So calculate the total time and decide accordingly. Also, its easier to apply EB1 GC while on L1A, why not take advantage of it?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes it could be possible. But remember, H1+L1 can at max be for 6 Years. So calculate the total time and decide accordingly. Also, its easier to apply EB1 GC while on L1A, why not take advantage of it?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the update . My current employer may not process GC immediately . Looking for options to get out from current work stress and look for better job opportunities .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X