Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for bringing GF back from Canada

Good day,

I am a citizen of the US and have immigrated to Canada (currently a PR) and we have toyed with the idea of coming back to the states. We do not yet want to get married and we are curious as to if there are any other ways to "sponsor" her, so to speak. All of my understanding of immigration is from US to Canada, and it is very obvious to me that they are completely different processes. I figured just asking my question out-right would be a decent start. We are in no rush, as we are both comfortable where we are and we visit frequent. Thank you for any help!

If you don't want to marry, your only option is a fiancee visa so she is legal here for 90 days, or have her come on a VISA Waiver status, good for 90 days, or a B2 visitor visa, which she can stretch out for two sequential periods of 6 months each. Canadians are still "walking across" regularly and can generally stay up to 6 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jothkem View Post
    Good day,

I am a citizen of the US and have immigrated to Canada (currently a PR) and we have toyed with the idea of coming back to the states. We do not yet want to get married and we are curious as to if there are any other ways to "sponsor" her, so to speak. All of my understanding of immigration is from US to Canada, and it is very obvious to me that they are completely different processes. I figured just asking my question out-right would be a decent start. We are in no rush, as we are both comfortable where we are and we visit frequent. Thank you for any help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X