J1 to B1/2 while remaining in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 to B1/2 while remaining in US

Me and my wife are on J1 visa status in Seattle till 30 June,2016. Our current J1 visa is not stamped as we did not leave US border to do so this year, and will expire on June 30, with a one month grace to leave the country.. I also have a valid stamped B1/2 visa till 2022 with me, while my wife does not have this. We are hoping to take the Alaska cruise in July first week and then leaving back immediately for India from Seattle thereafter in the second week of July. However, this will probably require a valid stamped visa for both of us as we will enter international waters. Can I leave US border and then enter back using my B1/2 visa. And can my wife do anything to obtain a valid B1/2 visa while within the US?

Originally posted by ad_baheti View Post
    Me and my wife are on J1 visa status in Seattle till 30 June,2016. Our current J1 visa is not stamped as we did not leave US border to do so this year, and will expire on June 30, with a one month grace to leave the country.. I also have a valid stamped B1/2 visa till 2022 with me, while my wife does not have this. We are hoping to take the Alaska cruise in July first week and then leaving back immediately for India from Seattle thereafter in the second week of July. However, this will probably require a valid stamped visa for both of us as we will enter international waters. Can I leave US border and then enter back using my B1/2 visa. And can my wife do anything to obtain a valid B1/2 visa while within the US?
    You can leave US and Re-enter with your B1/B2 visa without any problem. However, it is not advisable for your wife to apply for B1/B2 in US, its better to apply in Home country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X