Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way for me to continue to remain in USA with valid status

Dear Friends,

My travel to the US is scheduled in the month of April 2016 on my L1B which would get expired by mid September, 2017.
    Please advise me on how do i maintain legal status and stay in the US after September 2017.

Also,
    I have a few more questions:
    a) Does the 5 Yrs limit for L1B take into account all my previous stays on other L1Bs ?i.e if I had previously stayed for 1 year in the US on a different L1B, will that stay be subtracted from the 5 year limit on my current visa ?

b) If my employer plans to apply for my h1B, Should I apply for an extension of L1b and get it approved(Because my L1B expires in sep) before I file for H1B ? Or is it ok to apply for L1B extension while my H1B is in process ?

c) If My L1B petition says that my salary will be paid by my branch in my home country, What is the process to be eligible to draw salary from my US employer ? Are there any kind of amendments available for this ?

Regards
    Keerthi

Originally posted by kblr View Post
    Dear Friends,

My travel to the US is scheduled in the month of April 2016 on my L1B which would get expired by mid September, 2017.
    Please advise me on how do i maintain legal status and stay in the US after September 2017.
    Get it renewed, or have EB2 filed by your employer.
    Also,
    I have a few more questions:
    a) Does the 5 Yrs limit for L1B take into account all my previous stays on other L1Bs ?i.e if I had previously stayed for 1 year in the US on a different L1B, will that stay be subtracted from the 5 year limit on my current visa ?
    If you stay out of US continuously for more than 1 years, that clock gets reset.
    b) If my employer plans to apply for my h1B, Should I apply for an extension of L1b and get it approved(Because my L1B expires in sep) before I file for H1B ? Or is it ok to apply for L1B extension while my H1B is in process ?
    EB2 while under processing, can let you stay in US legally.
    c) If My L1B petition says that my salary will be paid by my branch in my home country, What is the process to be eligible to draw salary from my US employer ? Are there any kind of amendments available for this ?
    Talk to your HR, it has nothing to do with USCIS or us.

Regards
    Keerthi
    Regards,
    Libra_14
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X