Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part time jobs on H1B but payed in Indian bank account

Hi,
    I am working in US on my H1B visa for my employer ( let's call E1 ) . Today I got a call from a consultancy for a new job and they asked me to work for them on a very short term project as apart time along with my current job which is Fulltime. Since it's a very short term project they are not sponsoring my H1B ( no W2 , no Corp-to-Corp ) . Sine they are not sponsoring my H1b, they said that they will pay me directly to my Indian bank account (I am an Indian) rather than paying in US bank account . They told since they are paying me in Indian bank account and they are not sponsoring my visa (no paper work in US), it won't be any legal obligation. So do you think it is OK to work under these scenario. Please let me know.

Originally posted by sohamdey_2006 View Post
    Hi,
    I am working in US on my H1B visa for my employer ( let's call E1 ) . Today I got a call from a consultancy for a new job and they asked me to work for them on a very short term project as apart time along with my current job which is Fulltime. Since it's a very short term project they are not sponsoring my H1B ( no W2 , no Corp-to-Corp ) . Sine they are not sponsoring my H1b, they said that they will pay me directly to my Indian bank account (I am an Indian) rather than paying in US bank account . They told since they are paying me in Indian bank account and they are not sponsoring my visa (no paper work in US), it won't be any legal obligation. So do you think it is OK to work under these scenario. Please let me know.
    What your employer is planning is illegal. Just because you get paid outside US does not mean you don't need a valid documents.since you are working while being on US soil you need to get the right paperwork done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi ! Appreciate your advice . Even I thought the same, thank God I wasn't carried away just for some extra bucks .

Comment

Yes what raghvi said is right. It is illegal to do anything in US without documents. There is no guarantee on any papers that you would be working for them and they would be paying for you. Don't get into any such fairy tales in future. Whatever it may be, make sure you have a proof or document in case if something happens. Good that you rejected the offer for your good.
        Datascribe LPO

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X