re entry processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re entry processing time

Hi, i just want to ask if I could leave after my biometrics. I APPLIED for I-131 (lawful permanent resident) and my reason is to go study in my homeland the Philippines. I did not submit any documents because J
    need to go and apply first in one of the schools. I already did my biometrics and after feb. it will 2 months since then. I just wondering if should i wait or should I leave. Enrollment is almost there so i need to leave before march

You can leave the U.S. after you have completed the I-131 Biometrics. Make sure your I-131 indicates where the Reentry Permit should be mailed.

--Ray B

Originally posted by omochuwa View Post
    Hi, i just want to ask if I could leave after my biometrics. I APPLIED for I-131 (lawful permanent resident) and my reason is to go study in my homeland the Philippines. I did not submit any documents because J
    need to go and apply first in one of the schools. I already did my biometrics and after feb. it will 2 months since then. I just wondering if should i wait or should I leave. Enrollment is almost there so i need to leave before march

Comment

re entry processing time

Hi RayB,
      Thanks for the response. How would I know that? I only have the biometrics appointment (because that was mailed to me in my house) does it means they're going to mail it in the same address?

Comment

On the I-131 form you were given the option of providing an address for the Reentery Permit to be sent or to have it sent to a Consulate abroad.

--Ray B

Hi RayB,
        Thanks for the response. How would I know that? I only have the biometrics appointment (because that was mailed to me in my house) does it means they're going to mail it in the same address?

Comment

re entry processing time

Omg. I forgot, but as far as I remembered i think I checked to sent it via mail. Do you know how can I checked it?

Comment

re entry processing time

Okay. Lets assume that I checked the via mail. Do you how long should I wait for my permit to be available? I am worried that they might not approve it.

Comment

Having your Reentry Permit sent by email is not an option. It has to be postal-mailed to a U.S. address or t a U.S. consulate outside the U.S. If you kept a copy of your I-131, you need to review it to see how you requested the I-131 to be delivered to you.

--Ray B

Omg. I forgot, but as far as I remembered i think I checked to sent it via mail. Do you know how can I checked it?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                You can leave the U.S. after you have completed the I-131 Biometrics. Make sure your I-131 indicates where the Reentry Permit should be mailed.

--Ray B
                Question: What do you mean you can leave the US after you have completed the I-131 Biometrics. Don't you need that reentry travel permit to leave the US like a passport?

Sorry - I am not familiar with this situation but my boyfriend is scheduled to have biometrics done next week and we plan to travel in March. I assume he needed the actual reentry permit in hand when leaving the US.

Thank you,
                Mari

Comment

Mi,

Sorry, but you have it wrong. One doesn't need to have the Reentry Permit to leave the U.S., but you will need it to reenter the U.S. Since you can't predict how long USCIS takes to print the Reentry Permit (1-6 months), it's important to decide when you complete the I-131 that you specify whether it will be mailed to your U.S. address or sent to a Consulate abroad to be picked up.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mj_per View Post
                  Question: What do you mean you can leave the US after you have completed the I-131 Biometrics. Don't you need that reentry travel permit to leave the US like a passport?

Sorry - I am not familiar with this situation but my boyfriend is scheduled to have biometrics done next week and we plan to travel in March. I assume he needed the actual reentry permit in hand when leaving the US.

Thank you,
                  Mari

Comment

did they aproved without submitting any document?? I have the same situation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X