Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSN/EAD Do I need a new card?

Hello,

I've searched online and can't seem to find an answer to this. My 01 Visa expired last month, I'm recently married and received my combo EAD card a couple of days ago. Does anyone know if my SSN will still be valid or if I need to go to the social security office for it to be reactivated? My husband thinks it will be valid automatically but I'm not sure. I know I will need to change my SSN card at some point as I have taken my husbands name but I'm wondering if my number will still work in the meantime.

Would really appreciate any info!

Many thanks,

B.
    Last edited by filmbee; 02-06-2016, 02:36 PM.

Hello,

Yes your SSN will still works, and you need to apply for the name change as soon as possible.

Shell

Comment

Originally posted by Shell He View Post
      Hello,

Yes your SSN will still works, and you need to apply for the name change as soon as possible.

Shell
      Thank you very much for the reply.

Comment

Keep in mind that you need to notify SSA whenever your status changes ...

Comment

Can I get Sn for my Spouse?

Dear all,
          I received my EAD and AP last Nov, my spouse wants to apply for job but most of the site need SSN to complete her application.
          I am wondering if I can SSN for her or not.
          Thanks

Comment

SSN Card

I lost my documents, both my socials Security card and my EAD Card, can I get another SSN card while I wait for a replacement of EAD card.

Comment

Originally posted by JyneEnny View Post
              I lost my documents, both my socials Security card and my EAD Card, can I get another SSN card while I wait for a replacement of EAD card.
              I think you will need to go to a SSA office to get a replacement.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X