Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage before Embassy Interview /immigrant Visa

Hi All,

I have been petitioned for an Employment Immigrant Visa and my Case was recently completed at the NVC. I have yet to get my appointment for the interview at the US Embassy London but estimate it is likely to be in the next 5-6 weeks based on other US Embassy London Visa timelines.
    I was not married when completing the NVC process (form DS-260 etc) but have been with my fiancée for the past 8 years and we are going to get married within the next 2-3 weeks. We are both British Citizens. Just wanted to ask a couple of questions around this:

1. Once I get married do I contact the NVC or the US Embassy in London to let them know this? If so would I be required to re-open form DS-260 and add my spouse to the form and would this potentially impact my forthcoming interview date? I know we would both have to provide our marriage certifcates.

1. Assuming my wife’s case was still in process (ie, being processed at NVC or awaiting an interview date) could I enter the USA with my Visa to obtain the Greencard without this having any impact on her case? I wasn’t sure if it would be a requirement for me to wait for her visa to be issued before travelling to the USA as doing so may invalidate her application?

Anyone been in a similar situation and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X