Form I-131 - how long is process to actually have RP in hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-131 - how long is process to actually have RP in hand

My boyfriend is a legal resident and has applied for a re-entry permit. We will be traveling to France in March for vacation.

Timeline:
    Sent form I-131 (priority mail) - January 14th, 2016
    Received - January 15, 2016
    Check cashed - January 20, 2016
    Received letter saying payment was received and to await further instructions - January 22, 2016
    Letter with biometrics appointment - February 5, 2016
    Biometrics date - February 18, 2016

I would like to hear from anyone who has gone through this process. How long can we expect to wait to receive the actual reentry permit?

Can we request to expedite after biometrics appointment? We really don't have an urgent reason to have it expedited other than we are going on vacation. I dont think they would think its a valid reason :/

Also, is that all he needs to travel outside the US and get back? Does he also need to carry with him his green card?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Your boyfriend will need his Green Card to get back into th U.S., and he might also need a visa to enter France, depending on his nationality.

The Reentry Permit will be mailed to a U.S. address or to a U.S. consulate abroad, whichever you specif.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mj_per View Post
    My boyfriend is a legal resident and has applied for a re-entry permit. We will be traveling to France in March for vacation.

Timeline:
    Sent form I-131 (priority mail) - January 14th, 2016
    Received - January 15, 2016
    Check cashed - January 20, 2016
    Received letter saying payment was received and to await further instructions - January 22, 2016
    Letter with biometrics appointment - February 5, 2016
    Biometrics date - February 18, 2016

I would like to hear from anyone who has gone through this process. How long can we expect to wait to receive the actual reentry permit?

Can we request to expedite after biometrics appointment? We really don't have an urgent reason to have it expedited other than we are going on vacation. I dont think they would think its a valid reason :/

Also, is that all he needs to travel outside the US and get back? Does he also need to carry with him his green card?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X