Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Medical License for Canadian Physician

Hi all,
    I am a practicing family doctor in Canada (graduated from a Canadian recognized and approved medical school in 2015). I would like to eventually practice medicine in the state of California and I`ve began researching the application process for a medical license. The application requires mandatory disclosure of a United States Social Security Number (SSN) as a condition of licensure.

I do not have an employer in the US and I do not have work permission from the INS.

How would I apply and obtain a SSN through the Social Security Administration?

Thank you!

You can't apply for Social security number on your own.
    Link below explain more on SSN,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you for the link, immihelp. Unfortunately, I am still unclear on how I would go about obtaining a SSN.
      If I am unable to apply for a SSN on my own, how would I need to apply then? - the link does not contain this information.

Comment

California Medical License for Canadian Physician

Thank you for the link, immihelp. Unfortunately, I am still unclear on how I would go about obtaining a SSN.
        If I am unable to apply for a SSN on my own, how would I need to apply then? - the link does not contain this information.

Comment

California Physician License

Greetings Doctor,

According to California rules, its NOT mandatory that you have an SSN to apply for your California License. You need an SSN or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) to be able to to apply online.

If you do not have an SSN or ITIN, you need to mail in your application rather than the online application.

Hope this help you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X