H1 extension approved but h4 denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension approved but h4 denied

My husband's H1 extension got approved but my h4 got denied. Reason was expired i94 and that we have to go to India get visa stamped and get new i94. My i94 got expired on 30 sept 2015 and we got the result on 2 Feb 2016. Will I be out of status from 2 nd Feb or 30 sept 2015? We know we have to leave country immediately and get visa stamped but my husband has given passport for renewal and we will get it by 20th. Is it ok if we go to India after 20th Feb 2016? How many chances do we have of getting stamping done without any problem ? Please help very urgent

Please someone reply

Comment

Originally posted by Anita Bansal View Post
      My husband's H1 extension got approved but my h4 got denied. Reason was expired i94 and that we have to go to India get visa stamped and get new i94. My i94 got expired on 30 sept 2015 and we got the result on 2 Feb 2016. Will I be out of status from 2 nd Feb or 30 sept 2015? We know we have to leave country immediately and get visa stamped but my husband has given passport for renewal and we will get it by 20th. Is it ok if we go to India after 20th Feb 2016? How many chances do we have of getting stamping done without any problem ? Please help very urgent
      You are out of status from 30-Sept-2015 onwards. As for chances, as long as h1 is maintaining valid status, you should be able to get H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for replying . But we will be able to leave country after 24 Feb that will will approx 22 days since we came to know about denial. Is it ok or it's too late ? It will be less than 180 days though if we count from 30 Sept 2015

Comment

Thanks for replying . But we will be able to leave country after 24 Feb that will will approx 22 days since we came to know about denial. Is it ok or it's too late ? It will be less than 180 days though if we count from 30 Sept 2015
          I think it should be fine. You would have to declare it in your DS-160 though.

Comment

Few months back I am was in same position and left the country with 15days.

Comment

Originally posted by skanthp View Post
              Few months back I am was in same position and left the country with 15days.

Thanks for telling . So you got your visa stamped without any problem ? What did they ask you during interview?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              I think it should be fine. You would have to declare it in your DS-160 though.

Ok thank you so much for replying .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X