No announcement yet.

Been over 3 months, no response regarding wife's GC application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 more months??? You said 3 months from the USCIS letter date last time so I assumed it wouldn't be more than a month or two after getting the NVC letter.

Comment

There are two possibilities:

1. If the applicant was "immediate priority," i.e., parent or spouse or child under 21 of a U.S. CITIZEN, then the paperwork should be completed by NVC in about 3 months, with an interview date about 5 weeks later.
      2. If the applicant is on a quota wait, the NVC usually schedules payment of fees and receipt of sponsorship several months in advance of the visa slot becoming available.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Neville Katrak View Post
      5 more months??? You said 3 months from the USCIS letter date last time so I assumed it wouldn't be more than a month or two after getting the NVC letter.

Comment

So you mean 3 months AFTER the petitioner submits the requested docs to NVC as per this letter received?

Comment

Hi Ray,

In the NVC Welcome Letter, there are "financial" and "supporting" documents to be sent to NVC after submission of the Visa Application Form. Under the checklist item "Photocopies of Supporting Documents", these three items confuse me:

a) Petitioner Documents: What exactly is this?

b) Police Certificate: Whose police certificate do I need to submit? Mine or my wife's? And if I need to submit my wife's police certificate, I need her to immediately get a Police Certificate from her regional Passport Office in India, but as I read online, you need to take an interview/appointment letter to the Passport Office to get a Police Certificate. So how can she get one right now??

c) Valid, unexpired passport: Again, mine or my wife's??

They're not very clear on whose documents are required in this entire checklist.

Thanks for your help in advance.
          Last edited by Neville Katrak; 03-23-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

After the I-130 petition is approved, if husband is a U.S. citizen, one or both should receive an NVC Welcome Letter, with a bill for $120 and a cover page to send sponsorship and civil dcoument copies to the National Visa Center. The NVC process takes 3-4 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Neville Katrak View Post
            Hello,

If the wife's GC application was filed in September, what happens next? Does she get a mail or something to her home address in India asking her to go for an consulate interview in her city for her spousal visa? Or will the husband (citizen) in US receive some kind of intimation at his US address informing about what procedure is to be done next? It's been 3 months so I'm wondering why there's nothing at either end yet.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Ray, (I guess you replied to the original post by mistake, not to the below question I was asking)

In the NVC Welcome Letter, there are "financial" and "supporting" documents to be sent to NVC after submission of the Visa Application Form. Under the checklist item "Photocopies of Supporting Documents", these three items confuse me:

a) Petitioner Documents: What exactly is this?

b) Police Certificate: Whose police certificate do I need to submit? Mine or my wife's? And if I need to submit my wife's police certificate, I need her to immediately get a Police Certificate from her regional Passport Office in India, but as I read online, you need to take an interview/appointment letter to the Passport Office to get a Police Certificate. So how can she get one right now??

c) Valid, unexpired passport: Again, mine or my wife's??

They're not very clear on whose documents are required in this entire checklist.

Comment

Can someone please assist?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X