Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been over 3 months, no response regarding wife's GC application

Hello,

If the wife's GC application was filed in September, what happens next? Does she get a mail or something to her home address in India asking her to go for an consulate interview in her city for her spousal visa? Or will the husband (citizen) in US receive some kind of intimation at his US address informing about what procedure is to be done next? It's been 3 months so I'm wondering why there's nothing at either end yet.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Haven't you gotten a receipt Notice of Action (Form I-797) in the mail? Has your check been cashed? If neither of these has happened, you have a problem with USCIS or the mail.

If you did get a receipt Notice in the mail, your petition approval might not show up for a couple more months, if not sooner.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Neville Katrak View Post
    Hello,

If the wife's GC application was filed in September, what happens next? Does she get a mail or something to her home address in India asking her to go for an consulate interview in her city for her spousal visa? Or will the husband (citizen) in US receive some kind of intimation at his US address informing about what procedure is to be done next? It's been 3 months so I'm wondering why there's nothing at either end yet.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Haven't you gotten a receipt Notice of Action (Form I-797) in the mail? Has your check been cashed? If neither of these has happened, you have a problem with USCIS or the mail.

If you did get a receipt Notice in the mail, your petition approval might not show up for a couple more months, if not sooner.

--Ray B
      Yeah, received that receipt way back on October 19. And check has been cashed too.

Comment

If you submitted an I-130 petition package in September 2015, and the applicant (your wife) is being processed outside of the U.S., the petition must first be approved by USCIS, then goes to the National Visa Center for additional processing. The USCIS processing takes about six months (if you are a U.S. citizen), then two fees and additional paperwork is submitted to the NVC, after which it goes to the appropriate Indian Consulate for medical exam and interview.

--Ray B

Yeah, received that receipt way back on October 19. And check has been cashed too.

Comment

If you submitted an I-130 petition package in September 2015, and the applicant (your wife) is being processed outside of the U.S., the petition must first be approved by USCIS, then goes to the National Visa Center for additional processing. The USCIS processing takes about six months (if you are a U.S. citizen), then two fees and additional paperwork is submitted to the NVC, after which it goes to the appropriate Indian Consulate for medical exam and interview.

--Ray B
          So the current processing time is over 6 months? I was told 3-4 months max.

Comment

Ray.. just to make sure, would the next intimation be sent to the husband in US or wife in India?

Comment

For petition processing with USCIS, the two notices (in addition to any Request for Evidence), go to the petitioner, or an attorney of record.

--RayB

Ray.. just to make sure, would the next intimation be sent to the husband in US or wife in India?

Comment

So the current processing time is over 6 months? I was told 3-4 months max.
                It depends on which service center your I-30 package was sent. Ours was sent to the California Service Center last October, we were told 5 months, took a month. California and Texas service centers indicate 5 months, were as Nebraska's last case that was processed was August 2015 and Vermont was May 2015. You can check here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Comment

Hi Ray,

The USCIS petition shows APPROVED for the wife (staying in India) yesterday and says "We will mail your approval notice soon". I believe the next step would be additional processing at the National Visa Center. Any idea how long that takes and when can the wife expect an interview call in India?

Also, would the wife require any "originals" during her interview at the US consulate in India? For example, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc, etc.?

Thank you so much for your continued help. Highly appreciate it.
                  Last edited by Neville Katrak; 02-24-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

The NVC step may take about 3 months to complete.

The wife will need original or certified civil documents for her interview in India.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

The USCIS petition shows APPROVED for the wife (staying in India) yesterday and says "We will mail your approval notice soon". I believe the next step would be additional processing at the National Visa Center. Any idea how long that takes and when can the wife expect an interview call in India?

Also, would the wife require any "originals" during her interview at the US consulate in India? For example, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc, etc.?

Thank you so much for your continued help. Highly appreciate it.

Comment

The NVC step may take about 3 months to complete.

The wife will need original or certified civil documents for her interview in India.

--Ray B
                      Sigh. 3 more months? And then how long for the interview and receipt of spousal visa to be able to fly to US?

Is there somewhere I can find a list of documents required for the spousal visa interview that would be required? Also, when you say "certified", is "attestation" by a government official enough or does it need to be "notarized"?

Comment

"Certified" means that it is an original document with original stamp, seal or "true copy" annotation. I didn't say "attestation" in any of my responses, as that's a totally different document option.

I can't give you a list of documents, because it depends on your circumstgances, relationship and doc requirements peculiar to your particular Embassy. Normally, however, the applicant must take a fresh sponsorship package, certified birth, marriage and divorce documents, police clearances, passport to her interview.

--Ray B

Sigh. 3 more months? And then how long for the interview and receipt of spousal visa to be able to fly to US?

Is there somewhere I can find a list of documents required for the spousal visa interview that would be required? Also, when you say "certified", is "attestation" by a government official enough or does it need to be "notarized"?

Comment

Been over 3 months, no response regarding wife's GC application

Send me an email at [email protected] will let you know the complete set of documents required.

Comment

"Certified" means that it is an original document with original stamp, seal or "true copy" annotation. I didn't say "attestation" in any of my responses, as that's a totally different document option.

I can't give you a list of documents, because it depends on your circumstgances, relationship and doc requirements peculiar to your particular Embassy. Normally, however, the applicant must take a fresh sponsorship package, certified birth, marriage and divorce documents, police clearances, passport to her interview.

--Ray B
                            Thanks Ray. The reason I ask is so that these documents can be kept ready in advance in order to save time once the interview summon happens.

If a "true copy" is acceptable, I believe that that is a copy of the original (and not the original itself) with a stamp saying TRUE COPY and signed/stamped by a government official. If that works, it's great.

Any idea if a "police clearance" can be obtained without the interview summon paper? Not sure how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kuttyssin View Post
                            Send me an email at [email protected] will let you know the complete set of documents required.
                            Done, thank you!

Comment

The relative difficulty of obtaining a police clearance depends on the country and whether the visa applicant is still in the given country (previously worked outside her home country). Go to the State Department link for specific country requirements: http://travel.state.gov/contenthttps...y-country.html

--Ray B

Thanks Ray. The reason I ask is so that these documents can be kept ready in advance in order to save time once the interview summon happens.

If a "true copy" is acceptable, I believe that that is a copy of the original (and not the original itself) with a stamp saying TRUE COPY and signed/stamped by a government official. If that works, it's great.

Any idea if a "police clearance" can be obtained without the interview summon paper? Not sure how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Done, thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X