Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS sent the OPT EAD card to the wrong address - EAD card lost - will lose offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS sent the OPT EAD card to the wrong address - EAD card lost - will lose offer

Hi,

USCIS received my application beginning of November 2015 and approved it end of January 2016. I was supposed to receive it beginning of February, however it was marked undeliverable by USPS and for the last 10 days, when I check the tracking#, it has not been updated and it is very likely that it has been lost.

I investigated into the issue and turns out, USCIS put the wrong apartment number on the letter. The incorrect apartment did not exist in my building and the letter was taken back to the post office. (I have proof of it). I checked my local post office and the ones nearby, but they did not have the envelope.

I was supposed to begin employment end of February. My employer is really unhappy with the possible delays and I am scared my offer might be revoked.

I contacted the USCIS and they have been telling me to wait until USPS finds it, returns it to them and they will send it back. They said I need to wait 60 days before I could really do anything.

USPS told me they will not consider it lost until 30 days have passed. I contacted my congressman as well and they have told me to wait. My school advisor tells me to wait too. I would love to wait, but I am worried about my employer.

I would like to get a replacement card but they say it will take 2-3 months. I will almost surely lose my offer if the card does not somehow show up somewhere.

I would appreciate any advice, I am really stressed and scared. It is unbelievable that USCIS putting the wrong apartment on the envelope could cost me 3-4 months of delay, which will cause me a lot of financial hardship and possibly cost me my career in the US.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

You have to wait there is no other option. Try to talk to your employer and convince them to wait for sometime.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      You have to wait there is no other option. Try to talk to your employer and convince them to wait for sometime.
      I was wondering maybe if I get an InfoPass appointment, I might be able to get a temporary card.

Also, do you think I could reapply, and maybe when they send the receipt notice, I would be able to work with that for up to 90 days.

Comment

EAD CArd Typo error

I got little type error in EAD card by USCIS, showing validity of 18 months, which has to be 12 months.

If I sent back this card it may take 30-90 days to re-issue a new card and will not get a new one by May or Jun'16.

Now, I have an offer to join in Apr'16
        1) Can I join employer using the scanned copy of old card and with my replacement application.
        2) Will my employer need the EAD card to file H1b or they can file using the scanned copy of old card.

Comment

Simmilar case.

Originally posted by rishi123 View Post
          I got little type error in EAD card by USCIS, showing validity of 18 months, which has to be 12 months.

If I sent back this card it may take 30-90 days to re-issue a new card and will not get a new one by May or Jun'16.

Now, I have an offer to join in Apr'16
          1) Can I join employer using the scanned copy of old card and with my replacement application.
          2) Will my employer need the EAD card to file H1b or they can file using the scanned copy of old card.
          Hey Rishi,

I am facing similar issue. I have a card with around 13 months validity. What documents did you send to re-issue new card. In how many days did you receive the card after sending?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X