Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I change my petition?

Good evening,
    I have started a k1 visa application and we have decided to get married in her home country. I am aware that I will have to cancel the 129f petition, and submit a i130, do I have to cancel the first application? or do I just submit the new application and maybe pay the additional fees for the difference in cost of the different petition.
    Last edited by Jonathan Bolson; 02-11-2016, 11:29 PM. Reason: misspellings

Originally posted by Jonathan Bolson View Post
    Good evening,
    I have started a k1 visa application and we have decided to get married in her home country. I am aware that I will have to cancel the 129f petition, and submit a i130, do I have to cancel the first application? or do I just submit the new application and maybe pay the additional fees for the difference in cost of the different petition.
    Your I-130 submission will cancel your previous I-129F. But I would suggest that you include a formal written letter to the USCIS to withdraw your petition and inform them that you're submitting a I-130 instead.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X