Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while OPT pending, before program completion

Hello

I had a few questions. My OPT I-765 application will reach USCIS Dallas office tomorrow and I am planning to travel to Canada from March 10-23. I will be graduating in May and still have a part of my course left.

1) Will I be allowed to re-enter the US while my application is pending as I still have part of my course left and a valid F-1 visa?

2) Also, I understand that you have to be physically present in US while applying for OPT. So when is this? I have to be in US when I get the acknowledgement communication from USCIS and then I can travel?

3) For people who have applied for OPT in Dallas office during recent times, how does the timeline look like? How long does it take to receive the acknowledgement mail/text? Do you generally receive the card in less than 90 days? or do they delay?

I am planning to book my tickets to India for the summer as well and my joining date is in August. So I was thinking whether I should just book tickets on the 90 day mark or just have my roommate courier it to India once he gets it.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X