Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sterilization technician in dental office for OPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterilization technician in dental office for OPT?

I am graduating in May 2016 with a BS in Chemistry and also a minor in Bio. I am applying to dental school in June and if accepted, I will matriculate in September 2017. So I plan to work using OPT during my gap year. I want to work as a sterilization technician in a dental office because it would be most beneficial for my future career as a dentist. However, I am not sure if I can argue that this job is related to my major for OPT purpose. I can say that for this job I would sterilize equipments, very similar to what I would do in a research Chemistry or Biology lab. However, this job does not actually require a Bachelor degree or anything, even a high school graduate can be trained by the dentist to do this. I think the only problem is if I apply for an H1B visa in the future, they would go back and check to see if I worked in a field related to my major during OPT. However, I actually don't plan to apply for H1B because I will obtain a family-based immigrant visa in the near future. So do you think if my job is fine for OPT?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X