Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card (CR6) Expired by 2 years

Hello,

I have a question regarding my green card which can be seen below.
    My wife (American Citizen) and i have been living in Australia since November 2012, she even complete the Australia immigration process but now we are looking to move back to America but due my greencard being expired we arent sure how we go about renewing it.

Do we start the whole process again or complete a simple form and get it reissued ? If so can it be done from Sydney, Australia?

If when do need to start again would we just fill out i-130 & 2 of the G-325A (one for each of us) and walk into the American Consulate here in sydney and apply that way?

Last edited by ChanceBrahh; 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM.

Renewal of Green Card

Hi,

You can renew the green card by filling the form i-90 application which is available in USCIS online.

You can file the petition form i-90 application form Australia but you want to available here for the interview process.

And many more online form filling services available in online you can go through it and you can apply from directly

Thanks,

Glenn Mc. Maxwell

Comment

Joelelwyn,

You didn't understand the original question. The original poster's question was how to reacquire U.S. status since the Green Card had expired (had been abandoned) while in Australia. Submitting an I-90 for a replacement Green Card from Australia won't work. They will have to start over with a new I-130 petition.

--Ray B

Originally posted by joelelwyn View Post
      Hi,

You can renew the green card by filling the form i-90 application which is available in USCIS online.

You can file the petition form i-90 application form Australia but you want to available here for the interview process.

And many more online form filling services available in online you can go through it and you can apply from directly

Thanks,

Glenn Mc. Maxwell

Comment

Applying for Green Card renewal, Form I-130

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Joelelwyn,

You didn't understand the original question. The original poster's question was how to reacquire U.S. status since the Green Card had expired (had been abandoned) while in Australia. Submitting an I-90 for a replacement Green Card from Australia won't work. They will have to start over with a new I-130 petition.

--Ray B
        Hey Ray

Actually the green card renewal has been abandoned means then we can apply for Green Card replacement or renewal from the USCIS office so that the user will get the new green card.

The form is to check with I-130 to get the green card re-issued when the applicant is an alien relation with American citizen then he want to file with I-130 application

This is what i have been replied to the client.

Is there any confusion from your side?

Thanks

Robert Shapiro

Comment

Robert,

Green Cards are not simply "reissued" if the original Green Card has been abandoned by staying outside the U.S. for more than one year (without a Reentery Permit), or more than two years (even with a Reentry Permit).

The Aussie poster will have to be repetitioned as an immigrant to obtain a new Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by joelelwyn View Post
          Hey Ray

Actually the green card renewal has been abandoned means then we can apply for Green Card replacement or renewal from the USCIS office so that the user will get the new green card.

The form is to check with I-130 to get the green card re-issued when the applicant is an alien relation with American citizen then he want to file with I-130 application

This is what i have been replied to the client.

Is there any confusion from your side?

Thanks

Robert Shapiro

Comment

RayB is right, you two need to stop posting wrong advice on a public forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X