Well i'm in a pickle, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i'm in a pickle, need help!

Hello everyone, newbie and first time poster here. I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some help/advice... anything as I don't know what to do about this situation I'm in.

I'm a 32 year old American male and met my now fiance' (26 from Russia) six months ago on a popular dating website. We corresponded literally daily for three months (text, pictures, videos, face-time etc.) and talked about anything and everything. I didn't think anything about it at the time, just thought it would be nice to have a pen pal but after about three months of this I started to fall in love with her which I didn't think was possible without meeting the her in real life. But I needed to know for sure so I flew her to come spend a week with me here in America. She came and we had an amazing week filled with sight seeing, brunches, fancy dinners, clubbing, amazing sex, cuddling, playing house, talks about a possible future together etc. and after the week was over I knew she was the one (or at least I thought). Now I've been described as your tall, dark and handsome type and I've been single nearly my entire adult life so I've dated quite a bit and out of the dozens of amazing women I've been blessed to meet in my life this one takes the cake!

When she left back to Russia we immediately started to plan our second meeting which would be three months later (just happened a week ago) which consisted again of another fun-filled week together. During the 3 months between then we again corresponded daily and continued to get to know each other better. Most importantly we started discussing the idea of marriage and the possibility of starting the process as soon as possible so we could be together sooner (I should note that I was the one who brought up the idea). After we introduced marriage into the equation, I started to ask her odd questions and put her in vignettes just to see how she would answer. Essentially I was "testing her" (I know that sounds bad) to see what her intentions were and for compatibility purposes. I felt she was way too agreeable with both the questions and vignettes so I started to become a little suspicious (essentially I felt that she was just telling me what she thought I wanted to hear).

When she came the second time things were great with the acceptation of one thing... I noticed that she would take her phone with her every where (even to the bathroom) and at night she would hide it in her bag or in the closet instead of having it charge next to mine on the night stand. Now despite the whirl-wind romance I was well aware of the rumors regarding, not only Russian women, but foreign brides in general using American men for money, gifts and or a green cards etc. and thus always had my antennas up. So... on our last night together I decided to let her fall asleep first and I snuck out of bed, took her phone, which she hid in her jacket pocket in the closet btw and backed-up all of her data onto my laptop. I then went into the living room and started going through all her pictures, videos and messages. DISCLAIMER: I am not proud of this behavior nor do I condone going through someones private stuff at all! But I was in this unique situation and saw no other option. More importantly my gut told me something wasn't right (it has an excellent track record). So I needed to know If I was being used and if so I wanted to know now as opposed to two years and thousands of dollars later.

Well I hit the proverbial jackpot so to speak because I was able to download a text conversation between her and her best friend of 20 years and they tell each other everything!

The first half of the text consisted of the timeline from the time we first matched to the moment right before meeting in person for the first time (first three months). Here I found out she's lied about her sexual history (she only told me about a third of her past partners), she lied to me about being single when we first met, she was actually dating someone at the time. She lied to that guy about talking to other guys (me and some other guys she met on the dating website). But the biggest kicker was the fact that she said things about me like "I don't know if I like him or not, I'm not sure if we can be in a relationship together but I will continue to tell him what he wants to hear and hopefully he'll fall in love with me and get me a green card and then I'll go to America and leave him and find my true love or I'll get back on the dating website and find another guy that will help me if it doesn't work out with him." Yes I know ouch!

The second half of the text consisted of the time we met in person until now (last three months). Here she said things like "he's so cute, he's a great guy, I'm so in love with him, I don't want to be with any other guy but him, I don't want to leave him, I want to stay with him in America, he's my soul mate etc."

So during the last day together I confessed about going through her phone and confronted her about all the stuff I read. I was actually surprised that we both were able to discuss everything pretty amicably and at the end of a 4 hour discussion it was time for her to go to the airport and head back to Russia. She wants to continue this relationship while I am still deciding on what I want to do (hence why I'm here). She fully understands that I am hurt and confused about some of the things I found out about her and has since has been doing everything in her power to make me feel at ease. She's confessed to everything and apologized for not being honest in the beginning, she's showed me all of her social media accounts, she's texted all of the other guys she was talking to to let them know that she's in a relationship, she's even updated her status on her ******** for everyone to see. Most importantly however she's offered to cancel the K1 process and says she doesn't want the papers to further complicate this relationship and that she just wants to be with me.

So here lies the dilemma, I seriously don't know what to do. I know she truly loves me not because of what I read but I see it in her eyes and feel it when we're together but I'm hurt by the fact that she lied so much (trust is now an issue) and said some not so nice things about me in the beginning of the relationship. But more importantly I think about had she NOT fall in love with me I wouldn't have known otherwise because she still would've " **** d it" (keep telling me all the things I wanted to hear) for the sake of papers and would've came to America with the sole intention of looking for another guy. It just so happens that she actually did fall in love with me but I'm haunted by the "what if." So I am now in a position of questioning her character i.e. who she is as a person and is this person my fiance', future wife and future mother of my children?!

I've tried my best to communicate my feelings to her but she just doesn't understand. Heck, I don't understand it myself. I didn't know where else to go but here because I've read so many threads of people in similar if not worse and or more complicated situations with their foreign fiance's.

PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by orp967; 03-02-2016, 10:08 PM.

Hi.. I know how u feel. I've been through that feelings. I met my fiancé through dating site. I've been dating also several guys cause I'm single and no one can't stop me. At 1st i don't trust and believe guys just enjoy and everytime i had date there's no feelings from them until my fiancé came to my life. I probably say girls are looking for the right one and being comfortable with that person. My fiance now prove to me thats he's right for me. He's from US and I'm here in Canada. He drove a **** 8hrs just to see me. Although he gave gifts, surprises but I'm not against that. I felt loved when I'm with him. It takes time dude to know her. Know her 1st before u take an action. Give time to each other.

Comment

Bro I would suggest try and play a spy on her. Get your friend to bump her on ******** and make friendship. Ask him to propose her and invite her to USA for marriage. You will actually know, how true she is with you if she will let you know this story.

Comment

@nalyne - I understand that you continued to date when you first met your fiance' I'm 100% okay with that. The key is did you guys ever talk about dating other people and if so were you honest about it? I told my now fiance' that I was indeed dating someone else when the question arose, I was honest. The problem for me was she was not and come to find out not only about that but man many other things. So that's what I am struggling with. What makes the situation worse is that she's been completely transparent since "the big talk." I say this because if I believed in my heart that she would lie to me again, I wouldn't spend another minute with her but now I don't think she would and it's serious brain-**** (excuse my french) because I'm still hurt from the past but feel okay about our future #mindblown.

@kuttysin - It sounds really really messed up but I am seriously considering going this route but not how you say through social media, she wouldn't fall for it that way. I know a way to "set her up" in person with a guy I know that's very very attractive! I'd say 90% of women who meet this guy would sleep with him. He's the ultimate sexy decoy! On a serious note I'm truly sadden about this whole situation and don't really want to do this. Part of me tells me that if I have to go this route than I already have my answer about how I feel about her and so what's the point. But the other half me feels that if I do go this route and she passes this test, my faith in her trust and loyalty would be restored and I can finally be at peace and move on.

Comment

after i dated my fiance i never talk to other guys. I focus on him. I trust him a lot. I am fair with him. No one like being cheated. He devoted on me. Cause i showed him too. If she's sincere to u forgive her. Being inlove is the best thing i ever had. It change our life both my fiance change everything plans when we met each other. If your getting to marriage there's no doubt in you and your fiance. Your paranoid maybe cause u met her in dating site. Your maybe thinking that I'm not just the guy who dated with my fiance now. Your far from each other u didn't know what she's doing right now. I know your thinking that. Keep her posted what u doing and tell her same (keep posted). It's really hard to trust takes a long time but if u ruined takes a secs (sayings) Marrying is not a game it's just like a prison in life. Follow your heart. 😊

- - - Updated - - -

I agree also to kutyssin other guy who posted. What if u try to that route. And if u found out dump her and move on. She's not deserving. I don't want to judge also people.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree also to kutyssin other guy who posted. What if u try to that route. And if u found out dump her and move on. She's not deserving. I don't want to judge also people.

Comment

I do not know if what I am going to say be helpful. First, sex complicates things. Second, playing with her and tricking her is not going to do anyone any good. What if you found you were wrong? What if she finds out you two are buddies? What if she plays into it knowing you are still her ticket to freedom (ha, this country) or to real love? No, I would suggest being online with her, Skype, as much as possible. Hang out together. Share screens so you can watch movies together. Talk more and give it more time. Talk marriage, but do not go forward for a long while until you both sure. Earn one another's trust, somehow. Everyone has the capacity to lie. Real people find ways to be honest.
            That is all I can really say. Try to communicate more, not just talk.

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by orp967 View Post
              Hello everyone, newbie and first time poster here. I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some help/advice... anything as I don't know what to do about this situation I'm in.

I'm a 32 year old American male and met my now fiance' (26 from Russia) six months ago on a popular dating website. We corresponded literally daily for three months (text, pictures, videos, face-time etc.) and talked about anything and everything. I didn't think anything about it at the time, just thought it would be nice to have a pen pal but after about three months of this I started to fall in love with her which I didn't think was possible without meeting the her in real life. But I needed to know for sure so I flew her to come spend a week with me here in America. She came and we had an amazing week filled with sight seeing, brunches, fancy dinners, clubbing, amazing sex, cuddling, playing house, talks about a possible future together etc. and after the week was over I knew she was the one (or at least I thought). Now I've been described as your tall, dark and handsome type and I've been single nearly my entire adult life so I've dated quite a bit and out of the dozens of amazing women I've been blessed to meet in my life this one takes the cake!

When she left back to Russia we immediately started to plan our second meeting which would be three months later (just happened a week ago) which consisted again of another fun-filled week together. During the 3 months between then we again corresponded daily and continued to get to know each other better. Most importantly we started discussing the idea of marriage and the possibility of starting the process as soon as possible so we could be together sooner (I should note that I was the one who brought up the idea). After we introduced marriage into the equation, I started to ask her odd questions and put her in vignettes just to see how she would answer. Essentially I was "testing her" (I know that sounds bad) to see what her intentions were and for compatibility purposes. I felt she was way too agreeable with both the questions and vignettes so I started to become a little suspicious (essentially I felt that she was just telling me what she thought I wanted to hear).

When she came the second time things were great with the acceptation of one thing... I noticed that she would take her phone with her every where (even to the bathroom) and at night she would hide it in her bag or in the closet instead of having it charge next to mine on the night stand. Now despite the whirl-wind romance I was well aware of the rumors regarding, not only Russian women, but foreign brides in general using American men for money, gifts and or a green cards etc. and thus always had my antennas up. So... on our last night together I decided to let her fall asleep first and I snuck out of bed, took her phone, which she hid in her jacket pocket in the closet btw and backed-up all of her data onto my laptop. I then went into the living room and started going through all her pictures, videos and messages. DISCLAIMER: I am not proud of this behavior nor do I condone going through someones private stuff at all! But I was in this unique situation and saw no other option. More importantly my gut told me something wasn't right (it has an excellent track record). So I needed to know If I was being used and if so I wanted to know now as opposed to two years and thousands of dollars later.

Well I hit the proverbial jackpot so to speak because I was able to download a text conversation between her and her best friend of 20 years and they tell each other everything!

The first half of the text consisted of the timeline from the time we first matched to the moment right before meeting in person for the first time (first three months). Here I found out she's lied about her sexual history (she only told me about a third of her past partners), she lied to me about being single when we first met, she was actually dating someone at the time. She lied to that guy about talking to other guys (me and some other guys she met on the dating website). But the biggest kicker was the fact that she said things about me like "I don't know if I like him or not, I'm not sure if we can be in a relationship together but I will continue to tell him what he wants to hear and hopefully he'll fall in love with me and get me a green card and then I'll go to America and leave him and find my true love or I'll get back on the dating website and find another guy that will help me if it doesn't work out with him." Yes I know ouch!

The second half of the text consisted of the time we met in person until now (last three months). Here she said things like "he's so cute, he's a great guy, I'm so in love with him, I don't want to be with any other guy but him, I don't want to leave him, I want to stay with him in America, he's my soul mate etc."

So during the last day together I confessed about going through her phone and confronted her about all the stuff I read. I was actually surprised that we both were able to discuss everything pretty amicably and at the end of a 4 hour discussion it was time for her to go to the airport and head back to Russia. She wants to continue this relationship while I am still deciding on what I want to do (hence why I'm here). She fully understands that I am hurt and confused about some of the things I found out about her and has since has been doing everything in her power to make me feel at ease. She's confessed to everything and apologized for not being honest in the beginning, she's showed me all of her social media accounts, she's texted all of the other guys she was talking to to let them know that she's in a relationship, she's even updated her status on her ******** for everyone to see. Most importantly however she's offered to cancel the K1 process and says she doesn't want the papers to further complicate this relationship and that she just wants to be with me.

So here lies the dilemma, I seriously don't know what to do. I know she truly loves me not because of what I read but I see it in her eyes and feel it when we're together but I'm hurt by the fact that she lied so much (trust is now an issue) and said some not so nice things about me in the beginning of the relationship. But more importantly I think about had she NOT fall in love with me I wouldn't have known otherwise because she still would've " **** d it" (keep telling me all the things I wanted to hear) for the sake of papers and would've came to America with the sole intention of looking for another guy. It just so happens that she actually did fall in love with me but I'm haunted by the "what if." So I am now in a position of questioning her character i.e. who she is as a person and is this person my fiance', future wife and future mother of my children?!

I've tried my best to communicate my feelings to her but she just doesn't understand. Heck, I don't understand it myself. I didn't know where else to go but here because I've read so many threads of people in similar if not worse and or more complicated situations with their foreign fiance's.

PLEASE HELP!
              Once beaten twice shy , I would walk away in peace , she is not for you eventually she would walk away if and when she gets what she wants

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X