NVC tips & questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC tips & questions

I finally got to the NVC welcome letter PAOSF for petitions for my wife and her kids. Can somebody explain what & how the managed this process?

I have my case id and a sheet that states;

Choose an agent
    Pay Fees
    Submit visa application forms
    Collect financial documents
    Collect supporting documents
    Submit documents to the NVC

Any tips and lessons learned from others that have done this?

Please see my NVC comments below each issue below:

Originally posted by krf View Post
    I finally got to the NVC welcome letter PAOSF for petitions for my wife and her kids. Can somebody explain what & how the managed this process?

I have my case id and a sheet that states;

Choose an agent

COMPLETE THE AGENT FORM, PROVIDING CONTACT INFO FOR A RESPONSIBLE PERSON IN THE U.S. TO FIELD ALL NVC CORRESPONDENCE.

Pay Fees

PAY THE INITIAL $120 FEE ONLINE (FROM A CHECKING ACCOUNT), AND EXPECT ANOTHER BILL FOR $325 (VISA FEE) WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

Submit visa application forms

WHEN OPENED FOR INPUT, COMPLETE FORM DS-260 ONLINE

Collect financial documents

COMPLETE AND SUBMIT WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, THE I-864 SPONSORSHIP FORM AND INCLUDE TAX RETURN, W2/1099 DOCS AND PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT.

Collect supporting documents

YOU NEED COPIES OF CIVIL DOCUMENTS, POLICE CLEARAMCES. COPIES OF PASSPORT ID PAGE, TWO PASSPORT-STYLE PHOTOS.

Submit documents to the NVC

SUBMIT SPONSORSHIP AND CIVIL DOCUMENTS TOGETHER TO THE NVC.

Any tips and lessons learned from others that have done this?
    --Ray B

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Please see my NVC comments below each issue below:

--Ray B
      Thanks about what the paper said and the website, I was looking for examples or tips from lesson learned. I 'm sponsoring my wife and her 3 kids but they didn't send any case-id# for my wife. Is that normal?

Comment

The Welcome Letter has the case ID. IT's a 3-letter acronym followed by 8 or 10 numeric digits.

If you are looking for tips, which I provided you, and you wanted more, your question is a tad "open-ended," not specific enough to provide you with meaningful answers.

--Ray B

Originally posted by krf View Post
        Thanks about what the paper said and the website, I was looking for examples or tips from lesson learned. I 'm sponsoring my wife and her 3 kids but they didn't send any case-id# for my wife. Is that normal?
        Last edited by rayb; 03-31-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Questions:

My case number was mistakenly sent to the wrong embassy DKR vrs YDE for my wife and 2 kids. Once kids was correct, should I wait and pay once they update the NVC case and correct emabsssy? I submitted the DS261 online but held off doing anything else until the NVC contacts me.

Some how they didn't realize Guinea and Guinea Equatorial are not the same country

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X