Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waiting for oath ceremony - how long? (New York)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for oath ceremony - how long? (New York)

I had my citizenship exam in Manhattan on January 28th. My status said "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice..."
    My friend took the exam a day before me (same place) and she got the letter with the oath date (April 6th) about 3 weeks ago. We live in the same county (Westchester).
    Could my letter be lost? How long is the usual wait? Should I do anything?
    My 10 yr green card will expire early June...and I have air tickets for July. So, I REALLY need the American passport.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Mathteacher View Post
    I had my citizenship exam in Manhattan on January 28th. My status said "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice..."
    My friend took the exam a day before me (same place) and she got the letter with the oath date (April 6th) about 3 weeks ago. We live in the same county (Westchester).
    Could my letter be lost? How long is the usual wait? Should I do anything?
    My 10 yr green card will expire early June...and I have air tickets for July. So, I REALLY need the American passport.
    Thanks!
    Hello Mathteacher,

you might have to wait several months to take oath Ceremony. You need to wait for some more day else, you may contact Local USCIS Office. To Know more details Contact: US Immigration Center Helpline-1-888-943-4625.

Comment

Thanks! How is that possible that 2 people taking the exam almost on the same day have months of difference in the oath timing? Same county.... Thanks for the info about the helpline... I keep waiting

Originally posted by joelelwyn View Post
      Hello Mathteacher,

you might have to wait several months to take oath Ceremony. You need to wait for some more day else, you may contact Local USCIS Office. To Know more details Contact: US Immigration Center Helpline-1-888-943-4625.

Comment

Hi there! I also applied in New York City as well, and just posted a thread about the wait time for oath ceremony.

My interview was 2/25/2016 and I was notified on 4/4/2016 that I will be placed in line for the oath ceremony.

I did request a name change -- but NYC holds 3-4 Judicial a Ceremonies a week per the USCIS website... So I don't know if that's affecting the wait.

Comment

Still waiting?

Originally posted by spark1873 View Post
          Hi there! I also applied in New York City as well, and just posted a thread about the wait time for oath ceremony.

My interview was 2/25/2016 and I was notified on 4/4/2016 that I will be placed in line for the oath ceremony.

I did request a name change -- but NYC holds 3-4 Judicial a Ceremonies a week per the USCIS website... So I don't know if that's affecting the wait.
          Hi, I found your post and I just wanted to ask you how long it took for you to finally get the oath letter after placed "in line for oath". I was placed in line for oath over a month ago and still have not received the oath letter I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X