Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel abroad to get my passport stamped with a pending H1B Amendment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel abroad to get my passport stamped with a pending H1B Amendment?

My H1B application was filed as COS (from F1 to H1B) and was approved. My H1B Status kicked in on October 1, 2015. I am currently working for Client A and my firm has filed and H1B Amendment for me in that regard. USCIS received my Amendment on March 08, 2016, but it has not approved it yet. I am planning to travel to India (for three weeks) and get my passport stamped with H1B. Would it be safe to travel to India in July 2016 with a pending H1B Amendment?

P.S: I currently have an F1 Visa stamped on my passport.

Originally posted by vaishak View Post
    My H1B application was filed as COS (from F1 to H1B) and was approved. My H1B Status kicked in on October 1, 2015. I am currently working for Client A and my firm has filed and H1B Amendment for me in that regard. USCIS received my Amendment on March 08, 2016, but it has not approved it yet. I am planning to travel to India (for three weeks) and get my passport stamped with H1B. Would it be safe to travel to India in July 2016 with a pending H1B Amendment?

What was the amendment for?

Comment

Stamping while awaiting Ammedment approval .

Did you get an answer for this ?
      Can you travel and get your visa stamped when you awaiting amendment approval . Reason for Ammedment is change of client !

Comment

Originally posted by vaishak View Post

Is your stamping done with pending amendment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X