Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border agent asking me to renew status every 6 months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border agent asking me to renew status every 6 months!

Hi there. We have been living in the U.S. for about 9 years and are very familiar with the TN/TD application and approval process. The only caveat to the norm is that I had a conviction about 15 years ago so I require a I-194 pre-entry approval waiver to be valid. My husband is the one with TN and I have a TD.

My latest I-194 (waiver) is valid until 2019 and our latest TN/TD is valid until 2018. We crossed into the USA yesterday after a trip to Canada and the border agent pulled us inside because he said our latest I-94 cards "need to be entered into the system". The agent inside said I was missing my "I-94 card for my waiver" which is the first time I've heard of that since we only have the I-94 for our TN/TD visas.

The weird thing is that the expiry on this new I-94 is Oct 2016. We asked if this process was new and he said No. We asked if we will need to renew this in person and he said Yes. We also have to pay $6 which was strange.

So at this point I am very confused. My waiver and our TN/TD visas have plenty of time left. This is the first time in 9 years that we're being asked to abide by a "check in" type of process.

Any ideas? Is the agent wrong?

Can anyone help on this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X