Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TN status for 9 years - what are my options for GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN status for 9 years - what are my options for GC?

Hello. I've been on TN status for about 9 plus years and my employer still hasn't moved on the green card process. Is there any other way to go through the GC process while on TN status?

If I can eventually convince my employer to start the H1B and then GC process, what are the steps and timelines involved (does me being here for so long help or hurt?)

Also can my family live in Canada while we are on the H1B status or GC waiting for citizenship? Or are we stuck in U.S. until we have our citizenship?

I was on TN for 5 years, jumped between projects and companies 3 times, the last one I got an agreement since I started with them that the condition was the employer apply for my GC, after a year I started with them the company applied, one and half year later I got my GC, before started, we renewed the TN got a 2 year job offer so I got 1 year TN visa but 2 year i94 permit, that gave us enough room to apply and finish the process, my permit will expire in Aug 19, 2016, no need, I got the GC last oct 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ms84772 View Post
      I was on TN for 5 years, jumped between projects and companies 3 times, the last one I got an agreement since I started with them that the condition was the employer apply for my GC, after a year I started with them the company applied, one and half year later I got my GC, before started, we renewed the TN got a 2 year job offer so I got 1 year TN visa but 2 year i94 permit, that gave us enough room to apply and finish the process, my permit will expire in Aug 19, 2016, no need, I got the GC last oct 2015
      If you can share your experiences about going through the TN process to GC. I am on E-2(Spouse) and we all are canadian citizens. I have EAD and in USA since 2004. I was self-employes so far but recently started working for a mid-size company which can do TN process and GC without any problem. The only problem is going TN from E-2 and then GC. I thought Canadina on TN cant get GC!! Is it easy process or it is stressful like H1 to GC.

Hope for your response and thanks for time.

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X