Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 Rejected now reapplying on H4

Hi ,

I came to US on H4 visa. And after 2 years decided to go for F1. I received approval for F1 (797). And then I went for stamping to INDIA where my F1 was rejected.The reason for the rejection in 214(b) was I dont have strong ties in foreign country.

Now I have decided to come back on H4. My husband is on H1 and visa is valid till 2017

My question is

1) How soon I can apply for H4?
    2) If I apply within a week , Will that be any impact of my F1 rejection in my H4 interview?
    3) What kind of question visa officer may ask ?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by divrana View Post
    Hi ,

I came to US on H4 visa. And after 2 years decided to go for F1. I received approval for F1 (797). And then I went for stamping to INDIA where my F1 was rejected.The reason for the rejection in 214(b) was I dont have strong ties in foreign country.

Now I have decided to come back on H4. My husband is on H1 and visa is valid till 2017

My question is

2) If I apply within a week , Will that be any impact of my F1 rejection in my H4 interview?

Thank you in advance.
    1. Anytime.
    2. No.
    3. Standard H4 questions, about your spouse's work location, recent paystubs etc.I doubt they will ask much about your F1 rejection.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by divrana View Post
      Hi ,

My question is

Thank you in advance.
      Hi,

I am on my H4 visa too and I just came back to India to get my F1 visa stamped for my college in August. My question is why do you have to reapply for H4? Isn't your H4 still valid?

bh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X