Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Blanket Visa - Client Details

Hi All,

I have my consular appointment scheduled for May 5th. If my visa is approved, I'll be joining our company's professional services team in the US. It is a consultant role requiring us to work at various client locations for short duration. My petition clearly states this, but doesn't mention about any specific client details at this point as I'll know the project details only when I go to the US. I'm wondering if I can be honest with the VO if any questions are posed on the client. I was planning to give this as my answer: "It is a consultant role requiring us to work at various client locations for short duration. We have clients all over the US. The exact client details will be known only when I visit my parent company in the US. That's the dynamic nature of consulting work." Does anyone here see any problem with such an answer or are there better ways to handle this?

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Praneeth

Originally posted by praneeth.bits View Post
    Hi All,

I have my consular appointment scheduled for May 5th. If my visa is approved, I'll be joining our company's professional services team in the US. It is a consultant role requiring us to work at various client locations for short duration. My petition clearly states this, but doesn't mention about any specific client details at this point as I'll know the project details only when I go to the US. I'm wondering if I can be honest with the VO if any questions are posed on the client. I was planning to give this as my answer: "It is a consultant role requiring us to work at various client locations for short duration. We have clients all over the US. The exact client details will be known only when I visit my parent company in the US. That's the dynamic nature of consulting work." Does anyone here see any problem with such an answer or are there better ways to handle this?

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Praneeth
    In the other words, you can say that your base location will be your company's US office, however you'll be visiting your various current clients & prospects across the country.

Be ready to provide list of your current clients.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      In the other words, you can say that your base location will be your company's US office, however you'll be visiting your various current clients & prospects across the country.

Be ready to provide list of your current clients.
      Thanks a lot for your prompt response!

Comment

Originally posted by praneeth.bits View Post
        Thanks a lot for your prompt response!
        Please share your experience with us, once you go through the interview.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Firstly, apologies for the delayed response. My L1B Blanket visa got rejected in May due to lack of client details (as I feared). The VO clearly said, "If you don't know which client you are going to, how can I judge your specialization". I'm still not convinced the two are related. Anyway, my company filed an L1B Individual petition with premium processing. My petition got approved in July. I appeared for the interview on Sep 20th in Hyderabad. My visa got approved. The VO asked just 4 questions:

1. Who is your petitioner?
          2. Which client are you going to?
          3. What's your pay in US?
          4. What's your educational qualification?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X