B1 Visa Payment to wrong account number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Payment to wrong account number

I made NEFT transfer of the amount mentioned on ustraveldocs website for B1 visa fees to Bank of America's unique account number. But after transferring I noticed that last three digits of my unique account number were missing (instead of transferring amount to TIER1234567890123, I transferred to TIER1234567890). After realising my mistake I made payment to right account number and my receipt was activated and scheduled appointment. I called my bank from which I made the payment they told me if account number is wrong amount will be credited back to my account within 10 days but it is more than 14 days now (I made wrong payment on 31st March 2016 and Today is 14th April 2016). I am trying to call bank of america everyday but all I am getting is their answering machines on which I have left several messages. Please let me know if I will get my amount of 10880/- INR back in account or not? Has anyone faced similar issue before? Is there any payment helpline where I can get proper response?

Originally posted by vibhorrr View Post
    I made NEFT transfer of the amount mentioned on ustraveldocs website for B1 visa fees to Bank of America's unique account number. But after transferring I noticed that last three digits of my unique account number were missing (instead of transferring amount to TIER1234567890123, I transferred to TIER1234567890). After realising my mistake I made payment to right account number and my receipt was activated and scheduled appointment. I called my bank from which I made the payment they told me if account number is wrong amount will be credited back to my account within 10 days but it is more than 14 days now (I made wrong payment on 31st March 2016 and Today is 14th April 2016). I am trying to call bank of america everyday but all I am getting is their answering machines on which I have left several messages. Please let me know if I will get my amount of 10880/- INR back in account or not? Has anyone faced similar issue before? Is there any payment helpline where I can get proper response?
    Only thing you can do is to keep following up with your bank.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi, I have done the same mistake last week - Transferred money to wrong account numbe

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Only thing you can do is to keep following up with your bank.
      I have was trying to make payment for B1 Visa fee of INR 10880/- instead of mentioning TIER1730157957006 - I had saved it as TIER173015795006 missed one digit (7) while saving. But after transferring checked with the bank they said transaction is successful but they are not giving information on the receiver. Its been 3days now & haven't got the receipt number from US Visa portal.

PLS can anyone suggest how to sort this ??

Regards
      Raj

Comment

Hi, Can you guys share how did you fix your problem. I was asked by my bank to talk to the beneficiary. I have been reaching out to US visa service desk but they keep saying they are working on it. No timeline, no proper updates.

Can anyone help how to handle this?

Best Regards,
        Karthik

Comment

Same this happened to me in my case bank employee mistakenly done transaction to wrong reference number.Then they reached out to Visa team requesting them to transfer money to correct reference number . they took 12 working days, I had to go visit and remind them every day for this

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X