Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can application for renewal of re-entry permit be done outside USA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can application for renewal of re-entry permit be done outside USA ?

Hi - My wife's reentry permit expires in Sept while my son's expires in May. I wanted to check if it's absolutely necessary to be in the US to apply for renewal of the re-entry permit ? My wife recently delivered our second son and it is not possible to travel with a small baby so soon. During my renewal process, the officer at the ASC remarked that applications can now be done at consulates outside US while one has to return to US for biometrics. Kindly advise if this is possible ?

Also in case we have to travel, would it be possible to apply for renewal of my elder son's permit in September (4 months after expiry of the existing permit) ? I know this is not advisable but is the USCIS considerate if there is a reasonable rationale ?

Look forward to your response. Thank you.

Renewal of re-entry permit

Originally posted by haresh29 View Post
    Hi - My wife's reentry permit expires in Sept while my son's expires in May. I wanted to check if it's absolutely necessary to be in the US to apply for renewal of the re-entry permit ? My wife recently delivered our second son and it is not possible to travel with a small baby so soon. During my renewal process, the officer at the ASC remarked that applications can now be done at consulates outside US while one has to return to US for biometrics. Kindly advise if this is possible ?

Also in case we have to travel, would it be possible to apply for renewal of my elder son's permit in September (4 months after expiry of the existing permit) ? I know this is not advisable but is the USCIS considerate if there is a reasonable rationale ?

Look forward to your response. Thank you.
    Hello Haresh,

She cannot file a Form I-131 to obtain a reentry permit unless she are physically present in the United States when you file the form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X